10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

No.  All I am saying is anything is possible in a scifi movie like Star Wars, even though it does not make "sense".  I mean who would have thought of "Light-Claymore" as weapon of choice for the bad guy ?

If expected something ridiculous like that. They ALWAYS have to have a lightsaber gimmick now. Back in my day......

One of the trending rumors that's been about for some time (on sites like this: http://www.slashfilm.com/tag/star-wars) is that the first Star Wars stand alone film, to be released in 2016, would be about the group of spies who stole the plans for the first Death Star. That would be one way that the Death Star could show up on the big screen again, with possible Lego ramifications...

A recent rumor has Leia in a mon motha type role trying to decide how to deal with a huge planet sized machine that can destroy worlds but it's not shaped like the death star.  Kindof not creative.

What the sun crusher or something? There are a number of these types of weapons in the expanded universe. The sheer number is silly...gathered this while reading the Yuuzhan Vong invasion novels. Should've built more death stars...silly, the republic is.

Edited by minicoopers11

And rarely! They had blue and red to start off with and added green in the ROTJ. They were going to be all white but those are hard to see when they fight in rooms with white walls. Which the empire's interior decorator LOVES

And the only reason they gave Luke a green lightsaber in ROTJ is because the blue one got lost in the sky backdrop during the battle on Jabba's Sail Barge.  If it wasn't for that, it would still be good guys get blue, bad guys get red.

• Like 2

And the only reason they gave Luke a green lightsaber in ROTJ is because the blue one got lost in the sky backdrop during the battle on Jabba's Sail Barge.  If it wasn't for that, it would still be good guys get blue, bad guys get red.

Damn and here I was believing all of those stories about lightsaber crystals :(

ETA:

.. and thanks to Mr. Samuel Jackson we have purple too

.. have we not seen yellow in the movies ?  IIRC we had yellow in KOTOR games

Edited by Darth_Raichu

From what we know of the Ep 7 teaser trailer, we've already seen storm trooper armor, TIE-Fighters and X-Wings...  with no explanation as to WHY yet.  (they don't have any new threats to deal with in the 30+ years following Ep 6??   It's just going to be the same old empire vs. rebels?)

I really truly hope the new film doesn't feature all the same ships, settings, props and macguffin devices from the OT.  Do we really need the death star again?   Although it only took Abrams two star trek movies to rip Wrath of Kahn.  So unfortunately anything in terms of rehashing/recycling is possible.

From what we know of the Ep 7 teaser trailer, we've already seen storm trooper armor, TIE-Fighters and X-Wings... with no explanation as to WHY yet. (they don't have any new threats to deal with in the 30+ years following Ep 6?? It's just going to be the same old empire vs. rebels?)

I really truly hope the new film doesn't feature all the same ships, settings, props and macguffin devices from the OT. Do we really need the death star again? Although it only took Abrams two star trek movies to rip Wrath of Kahn. So unfortunately anything in terms of rehashing/recycling is possible.

Like all those new vehicles in Episodes I-III really made for a memorable movie experience. LOL.
  • Like 4

Like all those new vehicles in Episodes I-III really made for a memorable movie experience. LOL.

True that.  I could not remember the name of a single starfighter/spaceship from episode 1-3.  Perhaps George Lucas was into something when he invented the simple names (ie. alphabet soup names) for episode 4-6. 

ETA: And there was a time when I played SW Battlefront II almost every day  :geek:

Edited by Darth_Raichu

From what we know of the Ep 7 teaser trailer, we've already seen storm trooper armor, TIE-Fighters and X-Wings...  with no explanation as to WHY yet.  (they don't have any new threats to deal with in the 30+ years following Ep 6??   It's just going to be the same old empire vs. rebels?)

I really truly hope the new film doesn't feature all the same ships, settings, props and macguffin devices from the OT.  Do we really need the death star again?   Although it only took Abrams two star trek movies to rip Wrath of Kahn.  So unfortunately anything in terms of rehashing/recycling is possible.

I prefer that they take the old designs, and evolve them.  One thing I really liked about the PT is how the Republic Cruisers looked like early versions of the Star Destroyers, the Jedi Interceptors had TIE fighter-like cockpits, etc.  If the new movies feature advanced versions of X-wings and Star Destroyers, then I'd be all for that.

It's a little strange that there are still stormtroopers 30 years after the fall of the Empire, but I suppose there are still remnants of the Imperials around the galaxy.  Wouldn't be too far-fetched to have some of the Moffs attempt to seize control after the death of the Emperor, or perhaps claim a system for themselves.

I prefer that they take the old designs, and evolve them.  One thing I really liked about the PT is how the Republic Cruisers looked like early versions of the Star Destroyers, the Jedi Interceptors had TIE fighter-like cockpits, etc.  If the new movies feature advanced versions of X-wings and Star Destroyers, then I'd be all for that.

It's a little strange that there are still stormtroopers 30 years after the fall of the Empire, but I suppose there are still remnants of the Imperials around the galaxy.  Wouldn't be too far-fetched to have some of the Moffs attempt to seize control after the death of the Emperor, or perhaps claim a system for themselves.

Who says the empire fell 30 years ago. The movie is 30 years after ROTJ. The empire was nowhere near done after that movie. Sure the emperor and Vader were dead, but there were still literally billions of soldiers and hundreds of thousands of ships with moffs, governors, and hundreds of thousands of military officers. Even after ROTJ ended, the Empire was still, by far, the most powerful military force in the galaxy and still had complete control over the majority of the galaxy. One battle over Endor doesn't change that. Hell they didn't even go to Coruscant in the OT. How in the hell do you defeat an empire without even setting foot in it's capital? The fight continued for decades in the books and they never actually defeated the empire completely they just stopped fighting and became allies eventually (to fight other more badder baddies as these cliches usually go).

Edited by mscheaf

We saw X-Wings in the preview and they do not look too advanced to me

And according to Disney, the Thrawn trilogy never happened so if the movie happened to "borrow" a few things from it then "it is a brand new concept"... :D :D :D

Who says the empire fell 30 years ago. The movie is 30 years after ROTJ. The empire was nowhere near done after that movie. Sure the emperor and Vader were dead, but there were still literally billions of soldiers and hundreds of thousands of ships with moffs, governors, and hundreds of thousands of military officers. Even after ROTJ ended, the Empire was still, by far, the most powerful military force in the galaxy and still had complete control over the majority of the galaxy. One battle over Endor doesn't change that. Hell they didn't even go to Coruscant in the OT. How in the hell do you defeat an empire without even setting foot in it's capital? The fight continued for decades in the books and they never actually defeated the empire completely they just stopped fighting and became allies eventually (to fight other more badder baddies as these cliches usually go).

How about an idea for a spoof: "How ROTJ really ended after the movie ended"

Cutscenes of people from all planets celebrating (a la end of ROTJ).  Dark.  Cutscenes of 3-4 Star Destroyers entering the orbits of these planets from hyperspace.  Dark. Scenes of Star Destroyers bombarding the heck out of planets. Dark.  The leftover carnage.

Is that too dark ? 

• Like 2