10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

Yeah, I saw this on RebelScum originally. Didn't someone make it?

Where's GhostDad? We need this authenticated to see if it's legit :)

I searched around the internet and looks like it was photoshopped but someone was talking about building them. never saw it go anywhere though.

I would so drop 200$ on it. Someone kickstart that ****.

• 2 weeks later...

So is Lego LEGO Shop at Home the only place to get these msrp?

Pretty much, right now.  Amazon hasn't had them in some time.  They occasionally pop to available with toys r us ship to home but very rarely and they only last a minute or two.  Personally I plan on waiting until October for double VIPs to order another.  There is much debate how long it will last as available so don't blame me if it isn't available then heh.  My money is on it will be though.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember back before SSD was done there were some debate on whether SSD or DS will be the better investment. Now that we have some idea on what SSD has achieved and will achieve in the future, I wonder about people's thoughts on whether DS can do better, worse or similar if it retires by the year end, especially from die hard SW fans?

Anybody still don't have any DS you will be sorry this set will be another $1000 set and up, I am sure most will wait to the last minute as what they been doing on the SSD,HH,GE,TH. So if you have the money get one now and then, with 3 Star War Movies coming out the set will big money.   Ed

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

I honestly can't see the appeal in this boring, grey, circular "dolls house" for little boys. I believe SSD and R2-D2 will far outperform this monstrosity.  Sorry but, I have to disagree with the consensus on its investment potential.  There are other hyped sets that many don't like, this is my prime example.  Ohh..... the Ewok Village is another one that I'll avoid as those "dwarves in teddy bear outfits" ruined what could've been a fantastic movie.  If I'm proved wrong, I have a lot of SSD and R2-D2 to wallow in.

I honestly can't see the appeal in this boring, grey, circular "dolls house" for little boys. I believe SSD and R2-D2 will far outperform this monstrosity. Sorry but, I have to disagree with the consensus on its investment potential. There are other hyped sets that many don't like, this is my prime example. Ohh..... the Ewok Village is another one that I'll avoid as those "dwarves in teddy bear outfits" ruined what could've been a fantastic movie. If I'm proved wrong, I have a lot of SSD and R2-D2 to wallow in.

Well, that's exactly what this is going to be. I'm picking up a used one pretty much to be used as a boys dollhouse. I have a little guy who just turned 2 and this will be one of the few big sets I'll let him play with!