10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

Maybe the quick flippers turn long (and hold) when they realize they cannot easily buy them online??

I am not quite sure what they were trying to do in the first place. There were tons of people with prices above amazon when amazon had in stock. What kind of quick-flipping one can do if there was always a better seller (i.e. Amazon)?

DS might still have some room. Though GE went from 30 days to sold out pretty sudden. I wonder if there is still a run to fill GE backorders, or they will just reallocate European stock. If so, similar could happen for DS. And aslong as Europe has SSD, GE and DS, prices in US could grow only so far

Very nice price appreciation on the DS 10188 as stock has dried up, despite the LEGO rolling 30  day order fill.  Looks like $500-525 plus shipping on amazon, ebay is high $400-500.00.  I'll take that all day long.  Not as quick as the SSD, but not sold out either.  I think if it went to sold out any time soon we would see similar price action.  I am holding out that amazon will get a refill so I can get more with no tax.

August. Not sure on if its a full restock or not... could just be part of one of our old orders but it shows 10188 for August shipment.

Coincidentally a guy at both B&M locations I called said they'd be back in stock by September when I asked if they had any Death Stars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Brickpicker mobile app

Ed,

Since it seems like no retail stores have them and do not act like they are getting more, though they can turn them back on easily enough, and LEGO Shop at Home shows 30 days to ship, based on everything you know, what is your current thought on its retirement time?  Could it restock everywhere in full force for Christmas, or do you think that is highly doubtful and if I want one more I should get it from LEGO Shop at Home while I can.  I am not counting on your advice as the word, just curious what your current thoughts on timing are.

Ed,

Since it seems like no retail stores have them and do not act like they are getting more, though they can turn them back on easily enough, and LEGO Shop at Home shows 30 days to ship, based on everything you know, what is your current thought on its retirement time?  Could it restock everywhere in full force for Christmas, or do you think that is highly doubtful and if I want one more I should get it from LEGO Shop at Home while I can.  I am not counting on your advice as the word, just curious what your current thoughts on timing are.

its OOS @ S&**** as well. says ships in 30days. no gurantee that u will get it.