10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

Don't worry the DS is on its last Leg and the ones that don't have any or just a few well we will see them on the Panic Buying wagon, just like the other Exclusives that retired in the last few months, so if you don't have any you bet start getting a few or it will be another set you regreted not getting and this could be the last $400 set that we be retiring . "SO GET THOSE DS" It will be a big money maker. Ed

• Like 3

Don't worry the DS is on its last Leg and the ones that don't have any or just a few well we will see them on the Panic Buying wagon, just like the other Exclusives that retired in the last few months, so if you don't have any you bet start getting a few or it will be another set you regreted not getting and this could be the last $400 set that we be retiring . "SO GET THOSE DS" It will be a big money maker. Ed

True. That is also what I've heared. The last ones are in the shops now and slowly will vanish. Just due to the high pricepoint and long shelf life it takes longer for it to disappear.

I hope to buy a few more when there is a nice sale. I have learned my lesson after not buying more SSD's. 

Just my 0.02

• 2 weeks later...

Lego investing is like anything else involving prediction.  People just take the past and carry it forward in their heads.  So with the exception of emazers, most folks just say 'DS hasn't retired yet, so it never will'.  Not unlike all the predictions that surely HH would make it to Halloween, or AA couldn't retire because it only came out last year.  It's funny.  emazers keeps giving the same advice, incredibly simple and incredibly useful, and people keep ignoring it.  Fine by me.  It's just... weird.

The DS has just got to go this year.  It's just got to. Of course, I'm sure that was said last year and the year before.  But with a new movie coming out 2015, I CAN'T BELIEVE that Lego will march on through all the hype and cross-marketing of the new movie with this seven-year-old design (from a nearly 38 year old movie) as their flagship for the theme. They have GOT to do something new.. something fresher. Maybe the new Falcon will be it? Or maybe something else.

The DS has just got to go this year.  It's just got to. Of course, I'm sure that was said last year and the year before.  But with a new movie coming out 2015, I CAN'T BELIEVE that Lego will march on through all the hype and cross-marketing of the new movie with this seven-year-old design (from a nearly 38 year old movie) as their flagship for the theme. They have GOT to do something new.. something fresher. Maybe the new Falcon will be it? Or maybe something else.

Maybe TLG knows something that the rest of us don't. Anyways, I'd image that the DS is popular with majority of their fans except for the QFLLs who can't wait to dump theirs immediately after retirement for $500. Lego was retiring old, unpopular sets this year. DS doesn't really fit the picture, IMHO. 

BRING ON DS 3.0!!

HAIL TO THE KING!! WE ARE NOT WORTHY.....WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!

LOL. I agree. The impression of mini-'mazers that there is only one way to correctly invest, and flaunt their strategy as the only way to go does get pretty frustrating. It is a method, but isn't the panacea that will work for everyone.

Edited by comicblast
  • Like 1

Maybe TLG knows something that the rest of us don't. Anyways, I'd image that the DS is popular with majority of their fans except for the QFLLs who can't wait to dump theirs immediately after retirement for $500. Lego was retiring old, unpopular sets this year. DS doesn't really fit the picture, IMHO. 

BRING ON DS 3.0!!

LOL. I agree. The impression of mini-'mazers that there is only one way to correctly invest, and flaunt their strategy as the only way to go does get pretty frustrating. It is a method, but isn't the panacea that will work for everyone.

drink the kool-aid kid!!!! Drink it!!!! :)

You all know that the team of Ed and Ed promotes buying sets earlier than later. But as asharerin stated earlier, I believe the Death Star will probably be around until the next large STAR WARS play set is released, which as rumors hint at is a large Millennium Falcon play set.

Still, the 10188 is a great value and every collector should have one.