10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

Well, that's exactly what this is going to be. I'm picking up a used one pretty much to be used as a boys dollhouse. I have a little guy who just turned 2 and this will be one of the few big sets I'll let him play with!

Wow, dad of the year award to you.  I get annoyed when my 6-year-old wants one of my series 11 minifigs I'm trying to sell and you are giving a 2-year-old a Death Star!

• Like 3

Wow, dad of the year award to you. I get annoyed when my 6-year-old wants one of my series 11 minifigs I'm trying to sell and you are giving a 2-year-old a Death Star!

Whoa whoa whoa back the truck up! Who said anything about giving him the Death Star? That bad boy is mine but I'll LET him play with this one.
  • Like 2

I would fear that, being quite popular and available for so long, as soon as there may be some nice return for investors, the price curve may be slown down because of the market full of used sets for sale.

When a set is quite rare, both new and used value are high.

When a lot of used sets can be found, it will not help new sets to reach x2 or x3 MSRP.

And if the price of new sets rise a little, we'll see even more used sets for sell. Quite a problem I would say.

Edited by biniou

Even TRU sent one to me in a Lego shipping box. Thing is minty. Got it for $360 with new CC discount. Opened it up and checked the seals then taped it back up in the original box. Perfect way to store it too. When I sell it it will go out in this box. It will have spend 45 seconds in my hands total.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Or you just use the emazer method: Buy both ...as many as you can. ^.^

DS is a bigger gamble than HE I guess so HE probably is the wiser decission right now.

Still I'd like to have at least 1 DS in my investors collection ;-)

Obviously he doesn't want to or can't afford to go that route, hence the question. It's absolutely ridiculous that people think most people can invest like Ed does. The reality is most people here can't do that and even if they could some people wouldn't want to.

Obviously he doesn't want to or can't afford to go that route, hence the question. It's absolutely ridiculous that people think most people can invest like Ed does. The reality is most people here can't do that and even if they could some people wouldn't want to.

I bet you did read my post with the irony needed (since I've got the impression that you yourself like to use it every now and then ;-) )

So that's why I said that probably HE is the wiser decission right now (though I would add at least one DS to my inventory if I have the chance, but not as priority).

Btw: How couldn't you want to spend all your money on LEGO?!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pure coincidence this happens while there's a 20 % LEGO discount at TRU. ;)

The others online site had them at 15-20% and after that they were gone from the site because they can't order anymore from Lego or from others resellers.

Edited by Iena78

Could any kind Brits help me pinpoint an online shop that sells this and ships to Spain, please. It is the last set that I need to complete my collection and I foolishly dithered too long when Amazon UK had them a few weeks ago. I only want one. Shipping to a relative

Edited by valenciaeric
  • Like 1