10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

Stickergate is my only concern if it will turn enough people off.  I bought one of these on day 1 as was very excited to build it.  Never got around to it for timing reasons as usual and then read all the complaints about it.  Have to say it turned me off from wanting to build it for now and skipped on to other sets.

I have a good amount of them and hope they do well but cut off for now.  Was planning on double what I have but just see it to many times where people say they are unhappy with the sticker issue.  I hate stickers to begin with so the thought of stickering each container is not very inviting.  I could see my daughter disliking me for the day after I ask her to do all the stickers for me lol.

Also Trek make sure to use your fakey British accent and preferably a disposable cell phone.  Burn the cell phone after your conversation and make sure you have an alibi prepared.  Scotland Yard might be on the case!

It's funny, I carry one of my companies reservation lines and without even thinking about it I use it for any and all Craigslist dealings.

If I only lived across the pond I would call and ask them what it means.

But I am paranoid about my caller id showing up and auto routing my calls to show my account if I ask anything, I can see if caller id works across the pond (have never researched that) that they have someone calling about retirement status on a EEE from the US.

That would surely set off a flag if I was a rep in a bad mood.

LOL

Call to Trek

• Like 1

I am out of likes or I would like it!

either I'm really stingy with the likes or you just like everything lol but I've never ran out of likes and you're always on empty

I'm gonna go on a like rampage just to say I'm out

I have to save a few for some exciter one liners though.  Don't want those going unnoticed

I have a contrary opinion on sets like this with stickers.  NIB (or at least, unused stickers) become that much more collectable and valuable than those where the stickers have been used.  Can only help the long-term price, as future collectors will place a premium on unused examples.

Your a rebel! :)

I hesitated on getting more of this because of the previous Maersk ship's performance. This one looks better and is bigger, but then again they may sell another ship soon.

The way it goes with licensing is that they're going to milk the cow to the max while they have it.

Just like the Technic Mercedes Benzes.

Just my two cents.