What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Fairground Mixer with power function.  It took me 4-5 hours to complete.

Building this set wasn't too exciting UNTIL I got to instruction booklet #3.  The rotating seats controlled by power function is very cool, and the ability to collapse the seats and fences onto a truck is very clever.  

In my opinion, it's well worth the $149 price tag and definitely an investment winner.

• 2 weeks later...

LOTR Black Gate. It looks pretty cool actually, I think couple of this set plus Tower of Orthanc will look great together on display.

Yeah I would definitely recommend getting a second Black gate because once you connect them it looks like it does in the movies and they do go great with the tower of orthanc so get them all! Haha

6754 Creator Family Home (1 of 3 alternate builds)

I built the easiest (I think) of the 3 builds (and not the main build) of the Family Home.  I have to say, I really enjoyed it.  It's the first real Creator piece I've ever built.  I really like how the directions are laid out (not overly detailed, and lots of parts per step).  It was a lot of fun, and I look forward to the other two builds.

I got this from a bulk set I had.  Debating if I'm going to keep this set for my Halloween Town, or sell this off, once I'm done building the three different builds.

It has been a while since I updated what I have built so here goes:

August - Mini Cooper - half of it I built in the back seat of my car when I took a driving break and the other half of the set I built in my hotel.

Good build, except for the size of the steering wheel and gearshift.

End August/Early September - 10190 Market Street, 10185 Green Grocer and two more floors of the 10211 ***. Emporium - the picture shows a couple of missing pieces but those are in a ziploc bag on top or behind.

Market Street is really a boring build and it doesn't fit with the grandeur of the other modulars.  The main issue is the market, it has to go at the end of a block or with something on top of it as it looks out of place.

Green Grocer is a great build with lots of interesting details and different pieces.  It looks great and in my opinion has the best exterior design.  Even if you don't collect/build modulars, I think that everyone will appreciate this set.

This weekend was a busy one with 3 builds:

My girlfriend finally finished her Tumbler, she was building one bag a day until yesterday's 3 bag finale.  I can't comment much on the build other than it is a really large set and the left and right front corner panels are not secure.  This is a difficult set to move around but as a display piece, it is awesome.

Yesterday, I built the 4483 AT-AT.  I had never built an AT-AT so I had no expectations.  It's a weak build with a lot of structural issues, but it still looks good - I expect to sell this and trade up to the new one (based on the link that another member posted this week)

I also built the 10187 Beetle over the weekend.  First, I had to dust/clean the pieces to make sure everything was there (one minor piece missing that I don't have).  It was an awkward build and fortunately Lego outlined the location of every piece in the instructions otherwise it would have been painful.  I was surprised at the size of the beast but It really needs tiles to stand out so I will quickly sell this one. 

Time for a building break :)

post-30305-0-72267300-1410742801_thumb.j

post-30305-0-96329800-1410743059_thumb.j

post-30305-0-22688900-1410743163_thumb.j

post-30305-0-56208900-1410743427_thumb.j

post-30305-0-39822400-1410743442_thumb.j

• Like 6

Built the 70704 Galaxy squad vermin vaporizer (the last in my signature).

This built was quite ok, but I di not see any unusual technics. It's simple and the build is for kids.

I really like the design of that "space car". Wheels are quite disappointing though.

Oh, beware if you want to build one: apply stickers AFTER the build, because some will not join face to face (side stickers).

I also built the 8053 technics mobile crane. I'm really impressed by the ingeniosity of designers when it comes to mecanism.

I really love the 4 "side legs" too, that's my favorite part.

But the built was not very easy (as always with technics) and not very fun.

I added a motor, it's very easy to add, and it works fine. :)

just finished the ucs tumbler.  wow..what a great build!  so many cool techniques and the way it all came together was really impressive.  did not mind mostly black pieces, even though i thought that would be an issue going into it.  this thing is huge!  it even sounds a bit like the real tumbler when you push it forward on its wheels.  i hated the stickers, but i hate all stickers.  

hands down this is my favorite lego set that i have built to date.  

Edited by djim

My girlfriend finally finished her Tumbler, she was building one bag a day until yesterday's 3 bag finale.  I can't comment much on the build other than it is a really large set and the left and right front corner panels are not secure.  This is a difficult set to move around but as a display piece, it is awesome.)

just finished the ucs tumbler.  wow..what a great build!  so many cool techniques and the way it all came together was really impressive.  did not mind mostly black pieces, even though i thought that would be an issue going into it.  this thing is huge!  it even sounds a bit like the real tumbler when you push it forward on its wheels.  i hated the stickers, but i hate all stickers.  

hands down this is my favorite lego set that i have built to date.

Just finished the Tumbler in time to watch Boardwalk Empire which IMO Sux so far this season.

I think for me the combination of mostly black elements, poor lighting and my old eyes this was by far the most challenging build I have done. If you have built this and know of a set that was harder please let me know. It is very fragile and when handled or attempting to add new elements others just fall off. By the end there is literally no place to secure your hand to apply pressure without knocking off another piece. Yes, it looks awesome and makes a great display piece but by the end I couldn't wait to be done with it. I usually build lego to destress but this thing was a piece of work.

I rarely use stickers but found them necessary. Luckily they are not that visible in the finished set.

I haven't played with it or pushed it on the floor but if you hold it up and spin the front wheels you get that Tumbler sound. Pretty neat addition if it was purposeful.

Now I need to stop hating on it and see if I can enjoy it or off to eBay it goes.