What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:02 PM, Kevink24 said:

Took the instructions from the Maersk train #10219 and Bricklink'd all in black, bought some waterslide decals from a local hobby shop and then modified it a bit to be a Norfolk Southern locomotive in our little city. Nothing special, but we added power functions and it runs great.

What gauge decals did you use? Looks fantastic btw!

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:02 PM, Kevink24 said:

Took the instructions from the Maersk train #10219 and Bricklink'd all in black, bought some waterslide decals from a local hobby shop and then modified it a bit to be a Norfolk Southern locomotive in our little city. Nothing special, but we added power functions and it runs great.

Nothing special ?? I would be showing this off :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Miavia7 said:

I love this! I work for NS and I bought the set way before I knew about brick link. This engine looks just like the ones I switch with. Looks like I need to make a order now. Any idea how much it cost?

While waiting for a Windows 10 ISO download to complete, I pulled the LXF file from Eurobricks, opened it in LDD, exported it to LDR, loaded the LDR in BrickStock, went through about 25 substitutions, then made almost everything Black, removed/readjusted the expensive parts and came to ~$90 for a black engine based on 6 month averages, motorized, perhaps missing a few components (LXF file is not complete, and something might have been lost in the conversion). Current minimum inventory price is ~$45. Shipping of course not included, and you might need many orders. So I'd say a safe total price is somewhere between $120 and $150 for the entire engine, motorized, including shipping.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miavia7 said:

I love this! I work for NS and I bought the set way before I knew about brick link. This engine looks just like the ones I switch with. Looks like I need to make a order now. Any idea how much it cost?

Thanks! The total cost was about $150, including power functions and shipping. It cost a bit more for me because I experimented with stickers from eBay and other options for the logos. I found the waterslide decals to be the best. So, I paid a little bit more and supported my local hobby shop by buying the decals there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jkris53406 said:

What gauge decals did you use? Looks fantastic btw!

Thank you! I ended up using an HO scale waterslide decals from a company called Microscale Industries. The item number is: 87-1225, below is the website...

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=87-1225&Store_Code=MD&search=87-1225&offset=&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Nothing special ?? I would be showing this off :) 

You are too kind...thank you, sir

Edited by Kevink24

My son's B-day Party + Three-Day weekend = Lots of swimming, putt-putting, eating, and Lego building.  We finished the three smaller sets from his birthday party haul.

Next up:  The Phantom, Poe's X-Wing, and Kylo's Shuttle

Carbon Freezing Chamber.JPG

Obi Wan's Jedi Interceptor.JPG

Hoth Attack.JPG

Edited by uaford
  • Like 9