What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

13 hours ago, TCSBGDADY said:

Well...I finally found all the pieces...a couple off color but still looks amazing I think. It took my son and I 7 hours with 3 slight rebuilds until we got the balance right. Yes, it is tricky getting it to stand! Let me know what you all think. #legodad

Nice. You guys built the Arvo Brothers Alien. It is a great project to build & share I think.

• Like 1

Nice. You guys built the Arvo Brothers Alien. It is a great project to build & share I think.

Yes, it is the Arvo Brother's design. Very temperamental on positioning. It literally fell apart three times. I had to reinforce the feet as the heals would disconnect with minimal rear pressure. The arms, head, leg, and tail have to be in just the right positions. The Brothers do mention this but I didn't realize just how critical it is! I actually had to reposition as I built to ensure balance at each limb addition. Note to others, position matters! Enjoy!
  • Like 2

My son finally finished his Kylo Ren's Shuttle.  It was more difficult for him than the other builds he has done I would say (he is 6).  I was surprised how big the finished product is and I like it better overall than expected.  Too bad they didn't get to do the wings correctly.  

Kylo Ren's Shuttle.JPG

• Like 7

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:24 AM, TCSBGDADY said:

Well...I finally found all the pieces...a couple off color but still looks amazing I think. It took my son and I 7 hours with 3 slight rebuilds until we got the balance right. Yes, it is tricky getting it to stand! Let me know what you all think. #legodad

what did the pieces cost?

Looks like you're all set for Disney CMF 2

Oh yes, the space is ready and waiting!!! I want to create some more as well, SW is on my list, but also want to create an 80s theme, A Team, BTTF, Superman, GB, it will be hard to choose which ones make the cut. Minifigs are sooooo addictive!!!
  • Like 1

1469134944017-9633994.jpg

I built some stugIII. Not a official set but I ordered the parts through brick link and used a brickmania guide to build them. I'm Will be looking for 1 tiger tank build and 4 Sherman and 1 hellcat. 

Edited by Armor
  • Like 7

Guest TabbyBoy

42048 Technic Go-Kart - Make sure you get the white round/cross piece for the gearbox the right way up!

I bought a bunch from Asda for £9 each and decided to build one. It's actually a very good value set at RRP and one that could do well even though I'm a little "technicophobic".

42048-3

Edited by TabbyBoy

15 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

42048 Technic Go-Kart - Make sure you get the white round/cross piece for the gearbox the right way up!

I bought a bunch from Asda for £9 each and decided to build one. It's actually a very good value set at RRP and one that could do well even though I'm a little "technicophobic".

42048-3

I have these for my educational business - wonderful set. $30 in the US RRP, but you get working steering and a 2-speed (plus neutral) gearbox. Takes kids about 2-3 hours to build (adults more like 1-1.5hrs). We then remove the engine and place a technic motor on it to create a powered Go-Kart (still need to manually steer) using the 2 gear settings ... kids love it, plus it helps them understand gearing.

Not sure I understand which "white round/cross" piece you a referring to - do you have a picture or a step in the instructions? Kids in my class tend to accidentally put the gear axle in in reverse, and then the big and small gears on top don't fit - luckily I can take the model apart in a few clicks to fix it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jstodda said:
Just finished my UCS Falcon..  took much longer than expected (mainly just to sort and FIND the pieces needed for each step) but worth it.  It's bigger even than anticipated but also "loose" in areas.  Having built nearly every other large Star Wars ship, the top panels don't secure the way I expected. Either way, it's an icon for a reason. 

Love that you used the baby. The MF is larger than I imagined. Where will you put it?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jstodda said:
Just finished my UCS Falcon..  took much longer than expected (mainly just to sort and FIND the pieces needed for each step) but worth it.  It's bigger even than anticipated but also "loose" in areas.  Having built nearly every other large Star Wars ship, the top panels don't secure the way I expected. Either way, it's an icon for a reason.

Two babies.

• Like 3

what did the pieces cost?

I would really have to tally it up and I probably don't want to really think about it! I decided to Lego Bricks and Pieces and Bricklink it. Some folks had minimum buys that I had to cover. Some parts were pretty rare and cost a premium. I would say around $700 maybe.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TCSBGDADY said:

I would really have to tally it up and I probably don't want to really think about it! I decided to Lego Bricks and Pieces and Bricklink it. Some folks had minimum buys that I had to cover. Some parts were pretty rare and cost a premium. I would say around $700 maybe.

A hefty amount of dough but the display is totally worth it. I dare anyone to just walk past without being taken aback.

• Like 1

Love that you used the baby. The MF is larger than I imagined. Where will you put it?

It is bigger than I expected as well. I have actually seen some people anchor it on the wall although I have no idea how you would do that. As I stated some of the top panels simply rest on the ship and turning the ship sideways would cause them to move. To be honest with you I really have no idea where I'm going to put it yet as it does not fit on any shelf. That's the part of building the Falcon that I didn't think about. LOL

Two babies.

That's right! Another member of the family
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, jstodda said:

It is bigger than I expected as well. I have actually seen some people anchor it on the wall although I have no idea how you would do that. As I stated some of the top panels simply rest on the ship and turning the ship sideways would cause them to move. To be honest with you I really have no idea where I'm going to put it yet as it does not fit on any shelf. That's the part of building the Falcon that I didn't think about. LOL

Paging @Sandwraith ... Pretty sure he side mounted his but I can't remember which thread he posted the pics in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jstodda said:

2 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Paging @Sandwraith ... Pretty sure he side mounted his but I can't remember which thread he posted the pics in.

;)

• Like 2