What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Ordered friday and received saterday an Exo suit. Built it today.

Man and wife ;)

post-14811-14070979877856_thumb.jpg

Content of the box. A lot of small pieces. A lot of gray ;)

post-14811-14070980551931_thumb.jpg

Final model. A also took a picture of the building steps. But I guess you like to see the final model. It was fun.

post-14811-14070981339041_thumb.jpg

Comments:

- it is somewhat fragile but not in a sense that you can not touch it!

- interesting use of pieces.

- a lot of small pieces give a nice model in the end that is still big enough to enjoy.

- nice instruction manual.

- because of the use of the "retro" space logo on the box I think a lot of AFOL's will want this. It's hard to say why. At least I wanted it because it reminded me of my childhood space adventures. ;)

- due to the small pieces the real playability will decrease and "displayability" increase.

- investement? Don't know. All will depend on how long the set will hold on as an exclusive, how long lego will produce it, etc.

Yet another exciting set.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Brickpicker

• Like 2

Not really building, but sorting out the pieces from a Fire Brigade and Palace Cinema lot I bought.  Both sets were separated into floors.  I've spent the weekend verifying the inventory.  I will build these, just not sure if I'm going to tackle them straight away, for build some other sets I have sitting there from other bulk purchases.

• Like 1

75002 - AT-RT - My son wanted a 501st clone to go with his Rex.

Did you know 75002 and the Z-95 75004 are the only 2 sets with 501st clones?

I didn't know that, and that might explain why it was so easy to part out that set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

4737 Harry Potter Quidditch Match

I've never seen or read a single frame or word of Harry Potter.  Don't know the first thing.  But, found this set in a bulk lot I picked up.

Honestly, it was a quick build, and a little boring.  But, for the Potter completest, one you should have.  I'm tearing this down and putting this up on eBay shortly.

4737 Harry Potter Quidditch Match

I've never seen or read a single frame or word of Harry Potter.  Don't know the first thing.  But, found this set in a bulk lot I picked up.

Honestly, it was a quick build, and a little boring.  But, for the Potter completest, one you should have.  I'm tearing this down and putting this up on eBay shortly.

It's too bad the Quidditch sets never had any stands for the kids to sit.  Both renditions of the set were very minimal

Currently not building anything but have been taking my modulars apart and putting them back in the box to make space.

Did the Town hall the last two days, now I just have Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade to go.

Will probably rebuild everthing come winter, but first I think I'll make a large Lord of the Rings setup.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

Picked a load of bulk with Vikings instructions, took a gamble on completeness.   Just finished 7018, Midgard Serpent. Couple of bits missing, but nothing terrible.  Short build, ship is bigger than I expected and while not the most fashionable, it

Together with my wife I built the used 4842 Hogwarts Castle I bought yesterday. It is a fun build. The only missed 3 small pieces and Harry's poncho. So I will see if I can find the missing pieces online and then put it up for sale on ebay. 

Good to hear.  I've got a 4842 that was 95% complete from a bulk build.  I just finished gathering the other pieces I needed, and was planning on starting it sometime soon.

I'm going to be doing the same; it's going up on eBay after I'm done with it.

Good to hear.  I've got a 4842 that was 95% complete from a bulk build.  I just finished gathering the other pieces I needed, and was planning on starting it sometime soon.

I'm going to be doing the same; it's going up on eBay after I'm done with it.

Nice! Let me know how the sale went. I will keep you posted as well.

Instead of building, this evening I dismantled the 8461 Williams F1 Team Racer I bought for 80 euro the day before yesterday. I received it in the original box and it was for 85% build. It took me 4 freakin' hours to dismantle it! OMG! So I can already prepare for how much time it will take me to build it. I have a good feeling it is complete. Tomorrow I will start building. I will post pictures of the end result when I am done. I already think it is a marvelous set.

Today I built 8060 Typhoon Turbo Sub, from the Atlantis line.

Eh. It wasn't that exciting of a build, and didn't really work the way I thought it would when it was together. It's okay. This is another set destined for eBay from a bulk lot I bought. Didn't know the set was in there when I bought it, so it's "gravy."