What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

The problem is that it's 90% built it would take forever to go back I just ordered another one on ebay, hope it works if I have a beam somewhere it shouldn't be.

Technic mistakes are NOT fun.  You're going to have to backtrack somehow.  I've taken digital pictures (or videos) while slowly breaking chunks apart then reassembling.  If you don't have the patience, I think starting over is your best bet unfortunately...

like others said, u probably substituted the color at some point. when I built my 10212, I realized towards the very end- building the stand- that I accidently used a 4x1 black element instead of a dark grey at some point. that piece was buried deep inside the body so I just  let it go and grabbed another black 4x1 from my bulk.

like others said, u probably substituted the color at some point. when I built my 10212, I realized towards the very end- building the stand- that I accidently used a 4x1 black element instead of a dark grey at some point. that piece was buried deep inside the body so I just  let it go and grabbed another black 4x1 from my bulk.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I mix up dark gray and black, since most of the time I'm building off of pdf instructions and the colors tend to be off.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

came home and found the mini cooper built but I at least I got to build the mini mini cooper. luv'****** the mini cooper except the steering wheel. truck couldn't  be better. and ice skates for door handles was super creative

Exo Suit of course!  Loving this set, it's like a crazy mash-up of technic and system building, with some classic space thrown in for good measure.

came home and found the mini cooper built but I at least I got to build the mini mini cooper. luv'****** the mini cooper except the steering wheel. truck couldn't  be better. and ice skates for door handles was super creative

I'm not a fan of the steering wheel either, much too big.  But I really like the model overall.

Started building 4956 House today. I like building houses, especially the vintage ones from the late 60s and 70s, even though they're very simple. I had a pile of red slopes and white bricks, so decided to Bricklink the rest of the parts for 4956 until I discovered the 2 light grey doors go for stupid money on BL because they're in one or two of the modulars. :umbrage:

I wouldn't mind but the set only goes for around

75000 Clone Troopers vs Droidekka.  I was surprised by the number of pieces and the sizes of pieces included.  There was a 6x6, 8x2, and 4x4 1/4 circle plates, all of the bow bricks, even a 2x2 slope with radar printed on it, among others.  Pretty good value for a 124pcs, $12.99 MSRP licensed set

Built the EXo Suit last night and just didin't enjoy it.  The whole thing felt flimsy and loose, might have to kragle it to keep it together.

Spot on! Flimsy and loose. The cockpit is connected by a couple of pistols in the front. Not very playable at all, my 8 year old was not having fun with it once he finished building it. Kept falling apart. Either Kragle or mod the heck out of it with light sabers. Looks cool but not impressed with the build and the MASSIVE hype.

Now the Emmet's Construct-o-Mech WAS fun, very sturdy, tank treads are cool and Angry Kitty! Thumbs up on that one.

Trevi Fountain was nice build. Looks real pretty and brought me back to the first time I visited the fountain in Rome. SO happy they did it in white and not cream.

75000 Clone Troopers vs Droidekka.  I was surprised by the number of pieces and the sizes of pieces included.  There was a 6x6, 8x2, and 4x4 1/4 circle plates, all of the bow bricks, even a 2x2 slope with radar printed on it, among others.  Pretty good value for a 124pcs, $12.99 MSRP licensed set

I think this is a great small set too.

Spot on! Flimsy and loose. The cockpit is connected by a couple of pistols in the front. Not very playable at all, my 8 year old was not having fun with it once he finished building it. Kept falling apart. Either Kragle or mod the heck out of it with light sabers. Looks cool but not impressed with the build and the MASSIVE hype.

Now the Emmet's Construct-o-Mech WAS fun, very sturdy, tank treads are cool and Angry Kitty! Thumbs up on that one.

Trevi Fountain was nice build. Looks real pretty and brought me back to the first time I visited the fountain in Rome. SO happy they did it in white and not cream.

Agreed on Emmetts mech. My 3 year old and I had a fun building it.

Built 6089 Ninja Stone Tower Bridge, 6918 Kingdoms Blacksmith Attack and 31026 Bike Shop and Cafe.

Loved the Blacksmith Attack - really neat little set. Also enjoyed Stone Tower Bridge. The Bike Shop and Cafe was nice, but I don't think you get much value at MSRP.

EDIT - I think the Kingdoms theme is one of the more underrated Lego themes of all time. The detail in these sets are fantastic.

Yeah but that's because the Droidekas are completely brick-built so you really paying for two minifigures with a lot of gray pieces (many of which are small). It is a good set made even better on sale and plenty of the parts are great for adding detail in other things.

Built 6089 Ninja Stone Tower Bridge, 6918 Kingdoms Blacksmith Attack and 31026 Bike Shop and Cafe.

Loved the Blacksmith Attack - really neat little set. Also enjoyed Stone Tower Bridge. The Bike Shop and Cafe was nice, but I don't think you get much value at MSRP.

EDIT - I think the. Kingdoms theme is one of the more underrated Lego themes of all time. The detail in these sets are fantastic.

I loved Blacksmith Attack as well. The completely exclusive blacksmith is one of my favorite townsfolk.

Just finished the new B-Wing. I think the kids will like this one. Need to build a display stand now.

Do you have the 6208 B-Wing, how does it compare to that one?

I'm not a huge fan of this set, I wish it had 1 less droideka and one more clone trooper to make it a better battle pack.  It's hard on the pocket book to build up a large army of clone troopers unless you find a real good sale on these.

The cockpit is not connected by a couple of pistols, those are there for greeble purposes only.  I found the whole main body to be pretty solid, the cockpit "window" is held in place by a number of sturdy clips.  I don't find it a flimsy model at all, I was actually surprised by how sturdy it is.  Granted, I'm not as rough with it as a kid, but any Lego set is going to fall apart if play with it too enthusiastically.  I found the weakest parts are the assemblies with the 2 light gray robot arms that cover up the shoulder ball socket.  Those tend to fall off quite a bit.  Other than that, I think it's a fantastic model.