75097 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2015

fuzzy_bricks

6 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

I think it will be restock later on in November...

is there any history of LEGO producing calendars late Nov into early Dec? these have a use by date of dec 1st.  not sure why they would allocate resources to making more, unless they are already on the ships/trucks.

is there any history of LEGO producing calendars late Nov into early Dec? these have a use by date of dec 1st.  not sure why they would allocate resources to making more, unless they are already on the ships/trucks.

Regardless of history, it wouldn't make sense for them to produce these past 11/15.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jay4e said:

Last year:

On 11/17/2014, 10:15:08, marcandre said:

Call to check at LEGO Shop at Home

It makes no sense to produce a bunch more perishable items at this point in time. Production takes X amount of time, Shipping takes Y amount of time and hoping to sell enough to make an entire production run profitable in 27-(X+Y). Because They're not going to spin up production to make 1/2 or 1/4 batches of something seasonal when they've got to get January 2016 product on pallets. Sure there's a lot of these out there already, but LEGO already made the profit that they calculated for them. Producing more eats into their profit margin, especially if they have to put them on discount in 30-45 days to get them out of the shop before TFA wave 2 comes along.

I remember getting in late last year and scoring about 5 or so in late November, so yes, there will almost certainly be sporadic restocks, but they will sell out quickly. The key question is whether or not ppl have already heavily invested in these. I have only three but will be monitoring the situation to determine my next move.

The season of Advent begins on Nov 29 and continues into December. That is when you will see prices at their peak. What that top price is ... Who knows.

On 11/2/2015, 11:22:18, biking_tiger said:

The nice thing about advent calendars is that they fit neatly in FREE USPS priority mail boxes... if you have to send them yourself, that is. ;) 

And if it's not on the very top of the package pile, it will be crushed nicely.

At least these get opened, but still...

22 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

The priority mail boxes are actually very sturdy. Much sturdier than those used by Kmart, Target, Walmart, and Amazon.

I sent out 30 advents last year in the priority box. If you fill in the voids with kraft paper and tape up the corners real good it is a very sturdy box for it's size. I did not have one complaint