10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Ok so it appears as though the people who have been buying these this evening are in Pacific time zone. Maybe just a blind hunch but other members have said scripts said they were available but didn't allow ordering. Or they didn't trigger scripts.

Very interesting, I think you're onto something. I'm in the East and haven't even seen the in stock status since I got my one order in, hours ago. And I've been very actively monitoring it.

Very interesting, I think you're onto something. I'm in the East and haven't even seen the in stock status since I got my one order in, hours ago. And I've been very actively monitoring it.

they were showing up about every hr since about 9:30CT for me but I was only quick enough twice... So 9:30,10:30,11:30,12:30... Maybe again at 1:30??? Lol
  • Like 1

they were showing up about every hr since about 9:30CT for me but I was only quick enough twice... So 9:30,10:30,11:30,12:30... Maybe again at 1:30??? Lol

I can confirm ~7:30 (missed using GC), 8:30 and 9:30 PST but saw nothing at 10:30. It is 11:30 now, all is quiet. To be a little more exact, the availability each hour was actually a few mins before the half hour. My email confirmations always come a few mins later and they are each 8:31 and 9:26. I am in California, but not sure if that matters. I poll for HH every 4 seconds, probably more often than most.

There is one little detail people here are not talking about at all and I'm asking myself why:

HH is about the same price as TH but is has SEVENHUNDRED bricks LESS! As a rule bigger sets perform better than smaller sets - NOT saying more expensive ones perform better than cheaper one. And if you put it this way HH is quite small (for its price) compared to other modulars. Don't you think some potential buyers will have a problem seeing HH is "missing" 700 pieces?

There is one little detail people here are not talking about at all and I'm asking myself why:

HH is about the same price as TH but is has SEVENHUNDRED bricks LESS! As a rule bigger sets perform better than smaller sets - NOT saying more expensive ones perform better than cheaper one. And if you put it this way HH is quite small (for its price) compared to other modulars. Don't you think some potential buyers will have a problem seeing HH is "missing" 700 pieces?

I was just thinking that  to myself last night. how come the HH was way off in piece count compared to TH. It is not a licenced product so why are Lego being so skimpy on this set. I don't think it will matter one jot to collectors later as it didn't stop anyone buying it now. Still would have loved it even more had it had several hundred pieces more.

Edited by Alfiepops

I was just thinking that  to myself last night. how come the HH was way off in piece count compared to TH. It is not a licenced product so why are Lego being so skimpy on this set. I don't think it will matter one jot to collectors later as it didn't stop anyone buying it now. Still would have loved it even more had it had several hundred pieces more.

Even better, the Town Hall weighs about 1 kg more. 2.88kg vs 3.82kg.

My guess is that the sand green bricks used in HH are just more expensive to make (pigment) then the ones used in TH. In total there are 71 sand green bricks exclusive to HH.