10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

all the Lego employees themselves were excited about, because there was a frenzy going on under the staff itself to obtain also a HH.

So.. first divide the shipment under the staff. is there anything left? OK than we are going to fulfill some backorders LOL.

So, there are resellers among lego employees, hmmm ? You can't trust anyone these days. What a shame !

(100th page of the HH thread: I was there 8) )

• Like 1

So, there are resellers among lego employees, hmmm ? You can't trust anyone these days. What a shame !

(100th page of the HH thread: I was there 8) )

I should immediately demand 5 mint HH's for free, otherwise I go to the press and tell them that Lego employees are making money out of children's toys.. what a shame.

Guest TabbyBoy

The 3 Merlin employees I know (all BP members) at Legoland, Windor all bought 5x HHs for themselves.  I'd be surprised if Lego employees didn't do the same and even enjoy a generous staff discount.  Why not? I'd do the same!

I would have thought that kind of thing would be frowned upon by their management (who probably each have 20 stashed away themselves). :)

Got my order from the 1st this morning. Got a fright when I saw the shipping box was open and the white plastic ties were gone, but it's in perfect shape thankfully.

Edited by tractorboy
  • Like 1

This is a very good point you guys are making!

In addition to that, I've heard from a completely different source who is been working shortly for Lego that his house mate (another Lego employee) not only buys the sets at discount but also filled the whole room with new sets in Boxes, again..with proper discount (30% if I remember correctly)!

So if I ever get told by Lego its unfair to all the kids and bla bla bla...I am going to respond with this first. "Look at your own employees before you start preaching what's fair to kids and what's not!"  

Guest TabbyBoy

This all makes my think that Lego investors are in a very tiny minority and have less than 1% impact on sales.  Ask yourselves, why could you order 5x HH at the end instead of just 1?

The 3 Merlin employees I know (all BP members) at Legoland, Windor all bought 5x HHs for themselves.  I'd be surprised if Lego employees didn't do the same and even enjoy a generous staff discount.  Why not? I'd do the same!

I would imagine that staff getting exposed for buying multiples of one set would jeopardize their job. That said I am sure that there are many that do resell.

For all of the companies I've worked for, generally it was ok to buy product and do with it as you wish as long as you were not on the clock and you did not use your employee discount. I don't know if that's Lego's policy. So all they would have available to themselves over us is stock status. I guess they might need a forum thread, "what I heard from myself today."

• Like 5

I really want one too!!  It would be the most fun thing to build every halloween for a family tradition!!  I'm going to hold off until February or so and hope that the price becomes the same as town hall then work out a swap unless I happen to score one of the elusive amazon ones sooner.  :-D

This set is simply fantastic in every way. I can't see it dropping in price at any time of the year. It is easy to tidy it up a bit  to look like a normal house that can happly sit with other modular buildings and then reverted by to haunted house every Halloween. So it is good all year round. Read the thread for how this is done.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/12454/turning-the-haunted-house-10228-into-a-pretty-house

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I'll be bringing my built one out soon and will place it on the lounge windowsill with a red LED rear bike light illuminating it from above. Unless... I get a good offer for it ;-)

I'll be bringing my built one out soon and will place it on the lounge windowsill with a red LED rear bike light illuminating it from above. Unless... I get a good offer for it ;-)

You do know you will attract a lot of seedy men in macs calling at your door if you go sticking a red light in your window.  :stop:

• Like 1