10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

So I broke my own rule.  My average basis on Haunted house was 144.00 each.  So 5 became available from Angel Galleria on amazon for 269 each.  I bought all 5 brought my basis up to $166.00 each.  I am good with that.  I am now done with this set.

Who do you think you are, darin?

Who will win the race to $500 in the aftermarket, Haunted House or Town Hall?

Who do you think you are, darin?

Who will win the race to $500 in the aftermarket, Haunted House or Town Hall?

My gut says HH.  But if TH is gone, lots of people will be caught with their pants down. Conventional wisdom was that as long as you had GE you were good for the year.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've just collected my 10x HHs from my and my girlfriend's respective workplaces.  I'm pleased to say that 8 are in pairs in 4x factory outer boxes and 2 separate with seal codes 38S4 - well, it was 5 to each office.  I'll also sell these in pairs since there's no packing to do!

Nice score Tabby-

I have just 3.  And I hate to do it, but I'm pretty sure we're going to tear into one of them tonight. I mean, that was always the plan - to have one for ourselves - but looking at prices now (and imagining where they may go)... it's going to be hard to crack those seals.  I've been preparing my six-year-old all week: telling him that this will be not his Lego, but our family's Lego.  That we're going to set it up for Halloween, then take it down after the holiday - just like a Christmas tree.  You will not take the minifigures to your room.  You will not swap their heads with your stormtroopers or Darth Vader... jeez... I feel like the dad in the Lego movie. But I gotta lay down some law.  :(

Edited by Kenxxx
  • Like 2

Nice score Tabby-

I have just 3.  And I hate to do it, but I'm pretty sure we're going to tear into one of them tonight. I mean, that was always the plan - to have one for ourselves - but looking at prices now (and imagining where they may go)... it's going to be hard to crack those seals.  I've been preparing my six-year-old all week: telling him that this will be not his Lego, but our family's Lego.  That we're going to set it up for Halloween, then take it down after the holiday - just like a Christmas tree.  You will not take the minifigures to your room.  You will not swap their heads with your stormtroopers or Darth Vader... jeez... I feel like the dad in the Lego movie. But I gotta lay down some law.  :(

What's wrong with zombie stormtroopers?  You could always go out and get a used copy if you don't want to open your sealed boxes. 

Nice score Tabby-

Can't you just buy a used one?

I hate to do it, but I'm pretty sure we're going to tear into one of them tonight. I mean, that was always the plan - to have one for ourselves - but looking at prices now (and imagining where they may go)... it's going to be hard to crack those seals.

I understand that so well... A friend of mine told me, two months ago "I want to build the HH, but it's so expensive for just a lego set !" and I said "Buy it now ! I'm sure it will retire before Xmas and that you'll not loose some money if you sell it used later ! You'll love it !"

So he bought one to build... it took a month to receive it (that may be a part of his problem), because it was on backorder, and now, he doesn't want to build it anymore :o because the price is already so high (+50% of the MSRP within a month), that he would be even more upset to open a set he could so easily invest in...  :ninja:

People need to get their priorities straight!

Buying LEGO products does serve but one use: Reselling them later!

Also they should stop buying other stuff just because they might enjoy it and be happy... I mean what nonsense is that? Spending money on things?! You should keep that money and hoard it. And one day when you're 90 years old sitting in that dark empty space you call home you'll at least have a lot of money to keep you company and boy all those happy memories you can share with it, like that one time when you didn't open a LEGO set that you really wanted to build but sold it for some more money.

• Like 4