10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

no one is getting touchy :)  we are having a conversation.   

i don't own any 10197 FBs. wish i did though as there were plenty of opportunities for me at $120ish :(

one of the main differences between these 2 sets after retirement is that while the FB is part of a popular / completest theme, it was available at retail for around 4 years (globally).  if the HH retires this year, that means about only 2 years of retail availability.   demand vs. supply might keep this a winner for years to come in the secondary market

Sorry too much red wine running through my veins. It's a middle aged thing, I think I misinterpreted your post, (I think)

• Like 1

So I broke my own rule.  My average basis on Haunted house was 144.00 each.  So 5 became available from Angel Galleria on amazon for 269 each.  I bought all 5 brought my basis up to $166.00 each.  I am good with that.  I am now done with this set.

Still poppin' in and out...

They could of been originally designated for salvage/liquidation loads and put back up for sale as mentioned above most were older date codes and banged up and rough boxes.  Back in the day Amazon just salvaged anything like that but now they are maximizing sales a lot more.  Seeing the set is in such demand I could see them putting them back up for sale as long as they are factory sealed.  Over the last year Amazon has started cherry picking the salvage loads to go to Warehouse Deals instead where they get a lot more than salvage.  So would not be out of the realm to just sell the box damage at full price on sets this hot.

• Like 1

So I broke my own rule.  My average basis on Haunted house was 144.00 each.  So 5 became available from Angel Galleria on amazon for 269 each.  I bought all 5 brought my basis up to $166.00 each.  I am good with that.  I am now done with this set.

I wondered what happened to those Angel Galleria sets. I saw them for just a few moments and then they all were gone. Back to the $300 sets. 

I was beginning to think that I imagined them.