10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Got 2 with my acct., holding out hope with my wife's acct now.

i'm glad you were able to buy 2.

no offense intended but i hope you don't get two more using your wife's account.   you had since Fall 2012 to use the wife's account for 10228s  :)

this is time for folks to get 1-2 sets (same people are even trying for their 1st set). it's been hard getting 1 more each.

nevertheless, good luck.

hi,

is this your speculation or do you have evidence?

Speculation, evidence?. Just saying There will be a ton of modulars of the HH on ebay very soon just like the FB. what is there to speculate about. In the UK there are a load of FB on ebay that I've been watching for a while because I don't have one and and I'm waiting for the weaker sellers to crack. Hardly worthy of a reply, No need to get so touchy. I hope your FB's do really well.

I was lucky and actually had my amazon window open.  I was able to jump on it and get the two.  It's nice to see that it's already prepparing for shipment.  Hopefully they are in good shape.  I sent Ed the link, but they were gone by the time he got to the site.  20 gone in a minute.

no one is getting touchy :)  we are having a conversation.   

i don't own any 10197 FBs. wish i did though as there were plenty of opportunities for me at $120ish :(

one of the main differences between these 2 sets after retirement is that while the FB is part of a popular / completest theme, it was available at retail for around 4 years (globally).  if the HH retires this year, that means about only 2 years of retail availability.   demand vs. supply might keep this a winner for years to come in the secondary market

Speculation, evidence?. Just saying There will be a ton of modulars of the HH on ebay very soon just like the FB. what is there to speculate about. In the UK there are a load of FB on ebay that I've been watching for a while because I don't have one and and I'm waiting for the weaker sellers to crack. Hardly worthy of a reply, No need to get so touchy. I hope your FB's do really well.

I was lucky and actually had my amazon window open.  I was able to jump on it and get the two.  It's nice to see that it's already prepparing for shipment.  Hopefully they are in good shape.  I sent Ed the link, but they were gone by the time he got to the site.  20 gone in a minute.

earlier today order is in "Shipping Now" . I would not hold my breath for the quality of boxes, unless Amazon is selling newer batch. There were many reports from folks receiving older batches, that were, expectedly, banged up

Guest TabbyBoy

I see that some people want to keep these for many years.  Since the price curve flattens out not long after EOL, why keep them so long and not move onto the next "big thing" to keep rotating your stock and to stop it from getting faded/damp/dusty?  It's a risk holding out for too long I think, remember the 41999 that soon nosedived after the peak?  It's all in the timing now, not just the holding.

Edited by TabbyBoy

earlier today order is in "Shipping Now" . I would not hold my breath for the quality of boxes, unless Amazon is selling newer batch. There were many reports from folks receiving older batches, that were, expectedly, banged up

Hell I could care less, I'm just thankful I got one for my personal collection before it's officially gone :D

I see that some people want to keep these for many years.  Since the price curve flattens out not long after EOL, why keep them so long and not move onto the next "big thing" to keep rotating your stock and to stop it from getting faded/damp/dusty?  It's a risk holding out for too long I think, remember the 41999 that soon nosedived after the peak?  It's all in the timing now, just just the holding.

i totally agree in principle and types / posted pics of the curve in other threads.

this set could be different.   long-term demand seems to be there.  personally, i'll prob unload 1/2 of my batch in 2-3 years.

41999 didn't have enough going on to keep demand high so prices are slower now.  . actually used 41999 as a long-term demand example in the Town Hall thread.  i'll have to find it.

I keep missing too. 3 or 4 clicks so far with no fruition. Not asking for any sympathy or anything. Nobody is to blame for not getting into this a little sooner, but I was hoping to get 2 before they were gone. 1 to sell and 1 to build. Now I'm just hoping for 1 to build.

no one is getting touchy :)  we are having a conversation.   

i don't own any 10197 FBs. wish i did though as there were plenty of opportunities for me at $120ish :(

one of the main differences between these 2 sets after retirement is that while the FB is part of a popular / completest theme, it was available at retail for around 4 years (globally).  if the HH retires this year, that means about only 2 years of retail availability.   demand vs. supply might keep this a winner for years to come in the secondary market

I see that some people want to keep these for many years.  Since the price curve flattens out not long after EOL, why keep them so long and not move onto the next "big thing" to keep rotating your stock and to stop it from getting faded/damp/dusty?  It's a risk holding out for too long I think, remember the 41999 that soon nosedived after the peak?  It's all in the timing now, not just the holding.

Agree but if there is no investment potential after the initial first few years why would anyone pay above mrrp. why not just hold out and wait for the price to plateau. I'm trying this on the multitude of  FB's on ebay at the minute to see if there are any cracks in the market. It's a little experiment to help navigate future investments. However in saying that, I do love nostalgia and I think that holds the price of many collectables (but not all)   

I just keep missing it...again and again and again and again!!  If anybody has a damaged HH they would like to unload please let me know.  I just want to build one......

I keep missing too. 3 or 4 clicks so far with no fruition. Not asking for any sympathy or anything. Nobody is to blame for not getting into this a little sooner, but I was hoping to get 2 before they were gone. 1 to sell and 1 to build. Now I'm just hoping for 1 to build.

:console: I hope you guys get one next time.

But, if you really think about it, it's only about $200 more. If a person can afford to buy a $200 set to build, another couple hundred shouldn't be too bad. If you can't afford it....then...........um.........I suggest you might want to reconsider where you spend your play money.............

I guess it's just the bad feeling that the set could have been bought at a lower price and now you have to pay a premium for it. 

Anyways, good luck. I hope to see your posts on getting one next time. 

:console: I hope you guys get one next time.

But, if you really think about it, it's only about $200 more. If a person can afford to buy a $200 set to build, another couple hundred shouldn't be too bad. If you can't afford it....then...........um.........I suggest you might want to reconsider where you spend your play money.............

I guess it's just the bad feeling that the set could have been bought at a lower price and now you have to pay a premium for it. 

Anyways, good luck. I hope to see your posts on getting one next time. 

Yeah you tellum Cartman with false sympathy mocking tone voice. sooooooooooooo ssssssssssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeet.