10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm glad to see that the Monster Fighters theme has finally gone from SaH UK so the HH must be finally done at last.  I have my fill and refuse to pay over the odds for one from Amazon.  I think sets disappearing under our noses when we least expect it just adds excitement as I thought this was going to be around until at least Hallowe'en.  Just watch out for the flooded eBay market in a few day's time.

Guest TabbyBoy

No LEGO Shop at Home its sold out 

I take a look in the storage and didnt see any hh left.

The salesperson and the storemanager told me its over 

It's done, no more MF theme listed.

I'm glad to see that the Monster Fighters theme has finally gone from SaH UK so the HH must be finally done at last. I have my fill and refuse to pay over the odds for one from Amazon. I think sets disappearing under our noses when we least expect it just adds excitement as I thought this was going to be around until at least Hallowe'en. Just watch out for the flooded eBay market in a few day's time.

Soo... "HH is flooding the market" thread, yay or nay ?

It is starting. Won't be long before it floods ebay just like FB. Way to many on offer and buyers are holding out and waiting for the cracks to appear with the sellers relisting over and over and over and over again and again and again.....I have two HH but won't even think of selling for maybe  5-10 years. 

It is starting. Won't be long before it floods ebay just like FB. Way to many on offer and buyers are holding out and waiting for the cracks to appear with the sellers relisting over and over and over and over again and again and again.....I have two HH but won't even think of selling for maybe  5-10 years. 

hi,

is this your speculation or do you have evidence?

I have two HH but won't even think of selling for maybe  5-10 years. 

I hope you are able to, but a lot can happen in years 1-5 (unrelated to this set).  I have 3 in my inventory with a couple more on the way.  I might only hold 2-3 of them if I can net $100 after fees for the other extras that weren't part of my long-term plan.  Though outside of the SSD I don't think there's a better exclusive set in my portfolio right now.

CAn see it but can't put in cart

You will increase your odds of getting one greatly by setting up one-click. Then it never has to go in the cart. You see the $179 price on the main product page, hot the one-click button, and BAM! it's yours. If it disappears before hitting the one-click, then hit F5 on the resulting page until another one pops into the system and it goes through.

I only use a page monitor to notify when items start to pop in stock. Then I refresh the product page until the amazon price shows up. Then one click and F5 to purchase. With this method, I've never missed buying my limit of 2 when an item showed up while I was in front of the monitoring PC.

When I post here, I have usually already bought my limit but I keep watching it to see how long it stays on stock. In this case, it was ony showing in the other sellers list (since it has a 1 to 2 day delay) but did show up on the main product page for a little while. There were evidently a few available as I had to disable my page monitor because it kept going off. Anyone who has been following my amazon purchasing method could have gotten their two over about a ten-minute window they were there.

• Like 3

I hope you are able to, but a lot can happen in years 1-5 (unrelated to this set).  I have 3 in my inventory with a couple more on the way.  I might only hold 2-3 of them if I can net $100 after fees for the other extras that weren't part of my long-term plan.  Though outside of the SSD I don't think there's a better exclusive set in my portfolio right now.

Yes a lot can happen in 1-5 years but as I said i have two so I don't concern myself how it pans out. I of course want it to do really well so in 5 years plus I can cash in.

I 'm keeping one for myself regardless and the other one i'm sure I'll get a decent return. It's just a hobby for me, I don't need the money. I have hundreds of top grade Marvel 60's comics that I bought around 25 years ago for next to nothing and still have no intention of selling them. They too are just a hobby that I enjoy.