10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

What is a script? A bit of code they've written to order once it pops up as available? I didn't even know this was possible.

(Showing my ignorance, of course.)

Most common is a script that checks for in-stock status and/or price change and send email/text. Scripting order placement is somewhat of a next level thing, though i am sure someone has it.

• Like 1

Most common is a script that checks for in-stock status and/or price change and send email/text. Scripting order placement is somewhat of a next level thing, though i am sure someone has it.

I've got a script (allinone.bat) setup that checks stock, orders, lists, boxes and ships.

I also have a 2nd script setup that spends all the money (wife.bat)

• Like 8

I've got a script (allinone.bat) setup that checks stock, orders, lists, boxes and ships.

If not for Amazon labeling requirements, I can see this being actually done via FBA. If you don't care about comingling, then it is probably already possible. Anyone ordered from retailers straight to Amazon FBA?

P.S. Speaking of scripts - anyone read this http://www.amazon.com/Daemon-Daniel-Suarez/dp/0451228731 ? kinda silly, but fun

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I snagged all of mine for $60-80 but this one has been a slow climber.

Really, It retired the 29th of November 2013.  Average price between Amazon and Ebay is about $140-145.00  Based on a retail purchase price that is an 11 month appreciation of 40-45% gross ROR.  I am glad I am not any of your investment advisor as that is a pretty solid Rate of Return for an asset, and cannot really be beat for the risk that is taken.  How many stock market investors have that kind of return had you stayed in over the same time period, I'll answer it, 3.82% over the same time period (with a ton of risk).  I do think the expectations of investors or flippers here are pretty far out there.  That is an awesome 11 month return.  I think the problem for many people in evaluating the quality of these returns is that you are measuring a hundred dollars.  This for many people won't even pay your gas or electric bill every month.  That being said these sets should be looked at appropriately.  Along those same time lines if you look at the Lion Chi Temple it is far outperforming this Vampyre Castle as the Lion Chi has not even officially retired yet.... I have twice as many castles as I do Chi sets.  I had no Chi sets until the Target clearance.  I am glad I picked them up.

• Like 1

Really, It retired the 29th of November 2013.  Average price between Amazon and Ebay is about $140-145.00  Based on a retail purchase price that is an 11 month appreciation of 40-45% gross ROR.  I am glad I am not any of your investment advisor as that is a pretty solid Rate of Return for an asset, and cannot really be beat for the risk that is taken.  How many stock market investors have that kind of return had you stayed in over the same time period, I'll answer it, 3.82% over the same time period (with a ton of risk).  I do think the expectations of investors or flippers here are pretty far out there.  That is an awesome 11 month return.  I think the problem for many people in evaluating the quality of these returns is that you are measuring a hundred dollars.  This for many people won't even pay your gas or electric bill every month.  That being said these sets should be looked at appropriately.  Along those same time lines if you look at the Lion Chi Temple it is far outperforming this Vampyre Castle as the Lion Chi has not even officially retired yet.... I have twice as many castles as I do Chi sets.  I had no Chi sets until the Target clearance.  I am glad I picked them up.

My gas and electric bill combined is under $100 for 9-10 months out of the year. Just sayin.

Once you calculate fees and shipping cost that 40-45% goes to about 10-15%.
Oh, I forgot about the Tax you paid for that set...Now your under 10%...you didn't make ****.
The reason I mentioned the VC in the HH topic is because I'm hoping with the retirement of the HH, the VC would follow in its path.

Edited by Miami Bomb Squad