10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

So Halloween (All Hallows' Eve) has deep Gaelic roots, but seems to predominantly take place in the US. What is Europe doing with all the HH? Seems like the US would have more of a need for Monster Fighting Fighters than other places in the world. Just saying.

I'm confused. I get the connection a lot of you are making with HH and Halloween, but where does it say that the Monster Fighters theme is a "Halloween theme"? As far as I am aware, scary movies, books, video games, toys, etc. are kind of big... everywhere.

Edited by edgeman

So Halloween (All Hallows' Eve) has deep Gaelic roots, but seems to predominantly take place in the US. What is Europe doing with all the HH? Seems like the US would have more of a need for Monster Fighting Fighters than other places in the world. Just saying.

You think they are popular in Romania?

I'm confused. I get the connection a lot of you are making with HH and Halloween, but where does it say that the Monster Fighters theme is a "Halloween theme"? As far as I am aware, scary movies, books, video games, toys, etc. are kind of big... everywhere.

Sure but the thinking is they will sell more during Halloween. Same reason stores stock up on more scary movies this time of year. They sell more. Even though they sell scary movies all year round as well.

Sure but the thinking is they will sell more during Halloween. Same reason stores stock up on more scary movies this time of year. They sell more. Even though they sell scary movies all year round as well.

I get that, but several people have now questioned why it is popular in countries that do not celebrate Halloween like we do here in the U.S. (absurdly). Simply because the set is awesome, Halloween or not.

Now I just really really regret missing the train on it. Want one for the kiddos.

LEGO Shop at Home Europe: 'Call to check product availability', so I'm calling now, but I'm in the queue (surprising).

Edit: I called them and they say they are out of stock and its done. He said my best chance is to look at a local toyshop. So.. this is it, the end of the Haunted House (at least in Europe).

Edited by JM123

LEGO Shop at Home Europe: 'Call to check product availability', so I'm calling now, but I'm in the queue (surprising).

Edit: I called them and they say they are out of stock and its done. He said my best chance is to look at a local toyshop. So.. this is it, the end of the Haunted House (at least in Europe).

Funny how the answers from European LEGO Shop at Home representatives vary. I am glad to hear at least in the Netherlands, halloween is as important as in Belgium.

You can still find Some in local stores here in The Netherlands.

That's true. I also know a toystore where they have some on the shelfs.. it's in an area where not many investors are. Now, lucky me I'm on holiday this weekend just only 15 km of this place so I will pick those up if they are are still there.

I already have 7 pieces HH at this moment, but you can never have enough. I also have one on backorder from last monday and have confirmation for it, so that one will probably ship (Lego employee confirmed this). I need to add 2 more, making a total of 10 pieces and then I'm more than satisfied. I'm only half a year in this business and got the beginners luck of just buying HH instead of GE, pure due to ignorance :-P