10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Just got off phone with shop at home customer service. Stated this set was on its way out. She recommend using brickset or bricklink to obtain the site as those sites are ran by lego fans and the sets on Amazon and other sites are just people trying to squeeze an extra 100 bucks out of me.

Her words.

Just got off phone with shop at home customer service. Stated this set was on its way out. She recommend using brickset or bricklink to obtain the site as those sites are ran by lego fans and the sets on Amazon and other sites are just people trying to squeeze an extra 100 bucks out of me.

Her words.

Hopefully this time next year she recommends Brick Classifieds to get your R2 or AA.

• Like 1

Her words.

Did you keep a straight face when she said that? Or allow yourself a wry smile...

I made an order of 2 HH with my account and another 2 HH with my wife account earlier this morning at amazon and my order got canceled. I got a notification email saying I was violating the quantity limit. So it means the limit is per household not per account at amazon? Has anybody had the same problem before?

You need them 1 day apart. Same day will get a cancel. If you have one account then it is seven days between orders.

This is not entirely true. I will order up to the limit on 3 different accounts that go to basically the same address, and repeat every 7 if needed. I did so today with PS and DS and no cancellation or email. One account is always via Prime, the other are always free standard shipping. But, i have been doing this since 2007 with no issues. I believe they might be like LEGO Shop at Home where new accounts are looked at a little differently.

Well - I had a similar experience yesterday: two HHs from Target arrived in one box, poorly packed and creased boxes (but still sealed). I called Target and explained the damage. After a couple of minutes on hold: guess what they did - they will refund one of the HHs, and I can keep both damaged ones. So in the end I got two HHs with box damage for 50% off. That's what I call a deal. Especially when I want to build one myself anyway. Target made my day today.

Awesome. They offered me 10% on store credit. I told them to 'sharpen their pencils'.

Now I have a benchmark to shoot for! 50% or bust!!