10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

I ordered 5 x HH on 21/09.  I am aware, from forums I have read over the months that this potentially high risk in terms of a ban, however, I could not resist and this is the only order for more than one of the same set that I have ever place so I am optimistic that:

1.  I may receive the order (which would make my month!) and

2.  That I will not get a ban.

Any thoughts?

I ordered 5 x HH on 21/09.  I am aware, from forums I have read over the months that this potentially high risk in terms of a ban, however, I could not resist and this is the only order for more than one of the same set that I have ever place so I am optimistic that:

1.  I may receive the order (which would make my month!) and

2.  That I will not get a ban.

Any thoughts?

As has been said, we haven't heard of a EU buyer being banned yet. You'll be fine.

The worst they might do is cancel your order or just reduce it to one unit maybe.

• Like 1

Same here!

As I said it was my first ever purchase and of course they might think: "Okay here's another reseller!" But seriously there are people who just enjoy LEGO and have the money to do so. So all I'm saying is that not every order that is big justifies to thinkt hat there is a reseller.

Anyhow my history that far doesn't say anything about reseller... 5xHH, 2xDS, 2xExosuit, 2xChristmasCalenders, 1xGE, 1xTH, 1xPS, 1xEcto-1, 1xDeLorean (Those last ones really are for me btw! ^^) and a couple of small items I got in the LEGO-Store.

If I were to buy 5x each every month/week I'd say it's more suspicious but as for now I think I'm on the safe side.

As for the HH I guess it's only understandable that I couldn't resist to get them on last call ^.^

Edited by Locutus001

Same here!

As I said it was my first ever purchase and of course they might think: "Okay here's another reseller!" But seriously there are people who just enjoy LEGO and have the money to do so. So all I'm saying is that not every order that is big justifies to thinkt hat there is a reseller.

Anyhow my history that far doesn't say anything about reseller... 5xHH, 2xDS, 2xExosuit, 2xChristmasCalenders, 1xGE, 1xTH, 1xPS, 1xEcto-1, 1xDeLorean (Those last ones really are for me btw! ^^) and a couple of small items I got in the LEGO-Store.

If I were to buy 5x each every month/week I'd say it's more suspicious but as for now I think I'm on the safe side.

As for the HH I guess it's only understandable that I couldn't resist to get them on last call ^.^

Hmmmm you have some points, it only degrades you from "pro reseller" to "casual reseller". lol

Whatever, I REALLY hope you'll get your 5 HH, because I see in it one of the last "WTF THAT MUCH VALUE ???" lego investment before we are too numerous (investors).

I wouldn't be surprised to see the HH having a potential nearly as good as the green grocer, if you can wait up to 2019.

But those sets will be less and less numerous (I can see some more but come on ! sets which will be resold 4 times the MSRP will be more and more rare, and will be some quick flip like the research institute). Personnaly (I'm confessing :) ) I'm done with lego investment. I'll invest elsewhere (chocolate and coffee: yeah I love them as much as legos !)

Once again: I hope you'll get your 5 HH ! ;)

Chocolate and coffee??? (you have to explain that via PM if you are serious ^^) Always thought french would invest in wine...

As I already said the custome service guy said that they are on their way to me... I'll tell you when they arrive *****

(Only hope they're not damaged... I hate when that happens... my overall impression still is that the German/European handle them with more care than in the U.S. but still...)

Concerning BIG investments I'm not too sure about it.

You're right that there are more and more people starting to invest in LEGO but on the other hand there are more and more themes and sets as well. (LEGO is still growing which is nice!).

Not to forget that the exclusives slowly are getting bigger and more expensive.

Only few people really have like 10k+ to invest in LEGO and the space to store it.

And even fewer can do this only as investment and don't have to work a second job on it.

For diversities sake it always will be safer to get more different sets, but if you only buy 1x each of all the BIG sets that are there right now you'll end up with a small fortune.

Let's take a look for the european market:

1xDS 400

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm treading on eggshells here as I've ordered 5x HH but, my 5x 3E have just been cancelled even though they have lots of stock.  I already have a stash so all is not lost.  If only I lived near a Lego store and paid in cash........

I'm treading on eggshells here as I've ordered 5x HH but, my 5x 3E have just been cancelled even though they have lots of stock. I already have a stash so all is not lost. If only I lived near a Lego store and paid in cash........

The ban hammer only stings for a minute.

This is the start email will come ur way soon.

Edited by hxckid88

Guest TabbyBoy

The ban hammer only doing for a minute.

This is the start email will come ur way soon.

It's happening.... This morning's email

Dear James,

Thanks for ordering the LEGO

We have a magic shield in europe to counter the ban hammer !

In Europe we call it "le" magic shield!

"le" go... (lame joke of the week... probably the year ;-) )

But if any european should get a ban please let us all know!

And dear James: Please share your "fleet" with us all! Looking forward to see those 100 maersk ships!

Guest TabbyBoy

We have a magic shield in europe to counter the ban hammer !

Can I borrow it please as I may be needing it soon as per post # 1321 ?