10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

I wont say what I really wanted to but it's sad when we live in such a political correct society and a few people r having a laugh on a forum that someone has to make an issue about nothing. Whatever carry on. You wanna take offence to something take offence to me. Playing linken logs with my nephew right now while we are surrounded by lego. :)

• Like 3

No, the Monster Fighters range have gone EOL from what I understand but people are still talking about another HH run possibly, so I was asking does Lego normally cash in one one element of a set even though the rest has gone EOL.   Would have thought they would just want rid of any stock they have to move onto the next range being released or pushed out at the time...maybe Arctic!

The biggest sets from a theme survive to the rest of the line for one more year. The HH is not an expection.

Most of the time, they are released 6 months/1 year after the first set of the theme.

- It's true to technics sets (the unimog, the 4x4 crawler...) for which the $179/199 set survive one more year to the other sets.

- It's true to the Haunted house ("monster fighters" set, not a stand-alone, certainly my friend inversion has missed the huge "MONSTER FIGHTERS" tag on the front of the box... ;) )

- It's true to the 10223 Kingdoms Joust (it's even worst for this one, because there is no more "Kindgoms" sets but the newer "Castle")

- etc.

Note that, except for the technics sets, the set who survive one more year from a theme is a "10xxx" set. That's why, if lego can keep the LOTR licence for a decade, the 10237 Tower of Orthanc will survive at least one more year to the second wave of the LOTR (2013, sets 7900X).

(too much "survive" word in this post, sorry, but I'm tired)

I just phoned Lego customer service, I had to verify my payment details for a Haunted house I ordered on the 1st of October.

She checked my order and said it may not ship & that I may be better bying from Amazon or Ebay as this set is discontinued, as the price will rocket.

I told her the price has already rocketed lol.

I just phoned Lego customer service, I had to verify my payment details for a Haunted house I ordered on the 1st of October.

She checked my order and said it may not ship & that I may be better bying from Amazon or Ebay as this set is discontinued, as the price will rocket.

That is rather a bold and to  the point statement from the employee

I also called trying to squeeze an order but I got denied :(

I have only one... I'll have to resort to the 10% over MSRP local retailers

For sure, an order with 5 HH looks suspicious.

If you waited for double VIP, I would say you may be unlucky and your order could be canceled so 5 other persons who into this set too could have what they wanted (1 HH each).

But because you placed your order in september, you still have a chance that it will be shipped. :)

I just called LEGO customer service since one of my orders said: please contact customer service ^.^ (probably due to payment issues).

Anyhow the guy was very friendly and told me that he can see on his monitor that my order from september the 5xHH already is on its way to me.

But honestly, if I want to have them as presents what am I suppossed to do? I'm an adult fan of LEGO and buying several sets just for myself + some as presents for my family and friends doesn't seem too suspicious to me. I mean it's my money and I can spend it for whatever I want...

Btw is there anybody from Europe who's been banned from LEGO so far? (Only read about U.S. people here).

Edited by Locutus001

She put me on hold, and went & asked someone if my order would ship, doesn't look good.

She did say the one I ordered last month has shipped tho, happy days.

What date did you place the order that got shipped?

I've got 2 on backorder from 19/09 and 01/10 so I'm (unrealistically) hopeful at least 1 of these will ship.   :dontknow:

But honestly, if I want to have them as presents what am I suppossed to do? I'm an adult fan of LEGO and buying several sets just for myself + some as presents for my family and friends doesn't seem too suspicious to me. I mean it's my money and I can spend it for whatever I want...

Btw is there anybody from Europe who's been banned from LEGO so far? (Only read about U.S. people here).

Of course it's suspicious.

You get two sets, then a friend fall in love with it once you have built it, you get another one, then you get another one for your best friends' birthday, and finally you get a last one for "well... er..." (reselling it, lego is not stupid, but it's ok to resell just one, shhht don't say it).

No problem.

But 5 SETS AT THE SAME TIME ??? I mean, 4 "gifts" as the same time ? An overall value, about 680