10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

I think Haunted House is going to come back in full force for one last time (at least). 

Last production date code is 37R4, which means September 8th - 14th. 

Since then we haven't seen this batch appear anywhere in any significant number. As we all have guessed, a batch has at least 10000 sets to make economic sense. So where are they? I think they are on trucks, at warehouses, in airplanes, etc - basically moving along the distribution channels to retail outlets.

The most recent ones you guys got from Shop at Home are a portion of the batch, Lego used it to fulfill backorders.

These are just my thoughts (and guesses).

However, there's an alternate scenario that is very scary, scarier than the set itself. That is, the 10,000 sets in the batch have been mostly located to backorders and almost nothing left for retail. The scary thing here is not that the set is no longer available. It's that there were so many orders to fill in the final couple of weeks. And we all know, that's the behavior of us brickulators. There are just too many of us  :scared: .  

I think Lego has a surprise for everybody who thought it went EOL. I have a feeling that it will indeed come back one more time in the US with Halloween. One last big bang and a big profit for Lego. In my opinion that would be very logical, Lego knows there's a tremendous demand for this set, so why don't they do another big final run? They will sell probably everything within a few days and everybody is happy.

Furthermore I noticed that a large retailer here in Holland will get it back in stock. It went yesterday from 'Out of stock' to 'shipping date 24th of October' and they increased the price from 170 to 180 euro..

http://www.thystoys.nl/lego-monster-fighters/24838-10228-lego-monster-fighters-haunted-hause-5702014846746.html#

People can now already reserve a set. Some retailers know more than we do; maybe I should give them a call tomorrow.

• Like 1

As we all have guessed, a batch has at least 10000 sets to make economic sense.

I believe this is the weak link in your theory. Nobody knows how many the mexico factory produced. Say they had 800 boxes left so they boxed up those and sent them to the USA warehouse for distribution. The last run of SSD was certainly not 10,000.

I believe this is the weak link in your theory. Nobody knows how many the mexico factory produced. Say they had 800 boxes left so they boxed up those and sent them to the USA warehouse for distribution. The last run of SSD was certainly not 10,000.

Yea, I'm definitely not part of the "all" who have apparently figured that a production run has at least 10,000 units. I'm probably not reading the codes right though.

10k haha yeah right they would have stock left over for months. They mite have fired up another run but doubt it would be much if even close to 1k. Specualation it xould or may or may not mite come back will comd back in full force for Halloween as if I were running Lego and know every which way they conduct business. This thread is becoming frightening to read. If you missed out move on there was two years. Dont wait to buy

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Since we may account for less than 1% of say, HH sales, we're clueless as to how many of any set is produced.  I'd like to think less than 50,000 have been made but, I'm probably way out.  I'm surprised that nobody in the know has spilled the beans.  I'd be open to bribery if I knew ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

What's strange is I was one of many back orders that just got cancelled. Now new stock is showing up after they told me outright that they were no longer making this set. Gotta love what I heard from a Lego Employee.

Perhaps TLG had already promised some stock to retailers (or it was already moving through the supply chain) and they got more 'backorders' than they anticipated. They clearly couldn't fill everyone's order, which I would think they wouldn't do if they were planning to have supply in a matter of weeks. Those cancellations and the possibility of stock popping up elsewhere might indicate the run (whatever its size) was already divvied up and heading to fill B&M orders.

• Like 1

My theory with Target was since they did not raise the price above MSRP they would be getting more in.  I know PS is above MSRP but who knows maybe that is their last order for this year.

Yesterday I read the posts about the mouse pointer turning into a hand on the add to cart button, that is now gone for me.