10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

It's a big set. I'm just now back in the game and only managed to get two. Someone convince me to keep them both sealed.

My building fingers are getting twitchy...

I'm sorry, I can't help you. I've only got two as well (delivering today), and I'm totally opening one. I've got two boys at home that don't understand at all why I've been getting sets that we can't open and so I figured, hey, life is too short...the HH is going to BLOW their minds--and I think I'm going to have a heck of a good couple of days building it.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I can't help you. I've only got two as well (delivering today), and I'm totally opening one. I've got two boys at home that don't understand at all why I've been getting sets that we can't open and so I figured, hey, life is too short...the HH is going to BLOW their minds--and I think I'm going to have a heck of a good couple of days building it.

your boys are gonna love it!

Do you guys think buying one at 300.00 is a good or bad idea. I would like to resell in the future but only if there is room to make money.

Keep your eyes/ears open - they had recent production ran of it, I highly doubt backorder log was 10,000 (speculated size of minimal run, though it could be smaller for bigger sets). They did cancel a bunch of backorders, but it is still kinda fishy. Monitor ebay and bricklink - there is always a chance someone lists it below market value

Just out of curiosity, where does the information that there is another run coming from?

It's just speculation.  If we are reading the codes correctly there were some HHs that were just made.  It is also speculated that they would not have used the entire production run to fill backorders, so there may be some stock yet to sell.  All speculation.

It's just speculation.  If we are reading the codes correctly there were some HHs that were just made.  It is also speculated that they would not have used the entire production run to fill backorders, so there may be some stock yet to sell.  All speculation.

Speculation is the lifeblood of this thread, and I love it! 

FWIW, IIRC correctly, when it was sold out....if you waved the mouse over the ADD TO BAG button of the HH....you'd get nothing but the arrow.  Now you're getting the little hand that allows you a viable link to click.  IT'S COMING BACK, BOYS!

I don't think this is quite right. I do get "the hand" also even for retired products (and this is probably highly browser-specific anyway). I wouldn't read anything into this.

FWIW, IIRC correctly, when it was sold out....if you waved the mouse over the ADD TO BAG button of the HH....you'd get nothing but the arrow.  Now you're getting the little hand that allows you a viable link to click.  IT'S COMING BACK, BOYS!

I don't get the hand...still the arrow. That was the Canadian site, though...