10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

I'm waiting until 23:39 on 30SEP to punch in 5x HH along with 5x 3E ready for 2VIP.  So far, everything I've had on back-order like this has been honoured.  i said I wasn't buying again but, who can resist these while prices are rocketing?

I scored one on Saturday. Westfield in London didn't have any HHs on the shelves, which made me smile. I saw Grand Emporiums though.

I am also tempted to get another HH and maybe extra 3Es...

Do we think that the HH will peak now during this intitial OOS phase or will it peak after some more stock comes in, they sell all that, then it actually retires for real, not just rumor?

This one is most likley done for good theres ni reason for it to not to have already come back.

Do we think that the HH will peak now during this intitial OOS phase or will it peak after some more stock comes in, they sell all that, then it actually retires for real, not just rumor?

If sets peak that soon, then what's the point of holding any set for 2, 4, 8, or 10 years ?

Edited by Darth_Raichu

To continue the offtopic shortly, yes, the Maersk ship is very hard to find in the UK. Only Lego sells it and the only other alternative is resellers for 50% over retail. I can only imagine when gone for good.....

Currently this one and the HH are the two hot sets which i believe will turn into solid gold in the future. I dont know if the HH has peaked, maybe temporarily, but then again it will not go back to retail anymore. I can see it being easily

Quote: "but thats unheard of in the recent EOLs to do so well so quick" references to spikes after EOL is reached or new.

Counterpoint: see Brigade, Fire and Star Destroyer, Super.  Two sets that spiked when EOL was imminent or reached. Perhaps not coincidentally, these are the two most recent exclusives to retire. 

The Sopwith Camel also spikes when sold out.

Perhaps this is the modern investment model - a huge spike followed by minimal growth followed by healthy growth - but Lego exclusives have recent history to see large spikes at the end of the lifespan

Quote: "but thats unheard of in the recent EOLs to do so well so quick" references to spikes after EOL is reached or new.

Counterpoint: see Brigade, Fire and Star Destroyer, Super.  Two sets that spiked when EOL was imminent or reached. Perhaps not coincidentally, these are the two most recent exclusives to retire. 

The Sopwith Camel also spikes when sold out.

Perhaps this is the modern investment model - a huge spike followed by minimal growth followed by healthy growth - but Lego exclusives have recent history to see large spikes at the end of the lifespan

I am not a preacher so do not take my words as gospel. :)

Also, the HH is currently