10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

SSD, fully agree but HH started to disapear from online shops here faster I thought

Yes.. That's true, maybe the comparison isn't that great.

I was wondering, did anyone of you guys placed an order for HH at LEGO Shop at Home these days? Somebody who is not waiting for double VIP in October. I'm curious if it ships fast at this moment or doesn't ship at all (i.e. cancellation of order). I have enough HH, so I didn't order anything these days.. Maybe I order 1 or 2 more during double VIP, if it is getting cancelled I don't care..

Nice thing is that Europe still can anticipate on this news that HH is gone is the US. Same like the SSD, retired in the US, here (in Holland) it was discounted for 320 euro's while knowing that is was retired in the US. Rare opportunities..

Yes, a little comfort for us the poor european chaps to compensate for the higher prices we pay on Lego on the old continent. Watching closely what was happening on the us ground, I added 2 more SSDs to the portfolio. If I see a HH with my next visit to the Shops here, I'll bag it up in 0.000485 seconds...

If you want more HHs then go ahead and buy them while you can, ignore promo. If it is on backorder chances are that they will cancel them anyways the way they just did for USA. I have a pair of HH stashed away since long ago, but my goal was 5-6 of them, I waited too much and got nothing.

Aslo being in france you don't have to worry about hammers yet, so no need to tread lightly. 

If you have the money for them I'd get them NOW!

You might still be lucky and get them in october but is it really worth the risk?

Since you already have some you might not feel any remorse if you don't get more so at least you could try and wait ^.^ Question is how much do you want them. If the answer is "very much!" get them now... if the answer is "meeeeh... I don't really care" then wait! ;-)

Ok, I was playing mario kart 8 with a friend and I finished 1st on the circuit "haunted mansion", killing toad with a banana in front of the arrival ! :P

It's a sign, so I got one more ^^ and I'll see if I'll get even one more on october.

I just hope it will not be canceled, having one more waiting to be shipped...

• Like 1

Ok, I was playing mario kart 8 with a friend and I finished 1st on the circuit "haunted mansion", killing toad with a banana in front of the arrival ! :P

It's a sign, so I got one more ^^ and I'll see if I'll get even one more on october.

I just hope it will not be canceled, having one more waiting to be shipped...

Mario Kart 8 such a fun game! Love how the new game turns sideways and makes me all dizzy. 

Prices have soared in past 72 hours. Called four lego stores today. 3 of the 4 said that set is retired. The other stated it was sold out and they don't expect back. This set has doubled in value in a week. Insane.

its only $80 profit but that's very good just been a day right ?

lets see how this set performs. looks like this would have better return than lot of other sets.

What is the last production code for HH? The time this set went out....7-8 weeks before Halloween. TLG just did a great favor to resellers. With the way they keep pumping out GE wave by wave,I don't see why they didn't give HH at least another run to make some good cash right before Halloween.   

Hm, looks like I will most likely not be opening the HH I have for Halloween decoration at this point.  I think Arkham Asylum will be an adequate substitute.  It is creepy enough for Halloween according to popular opinion around the household.

vampyre castle is a better Halloween set.
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm waiting until 23:39 on 30SEP to punch in 5x HH along with 5x 3E ready for 2VIP.  So far, everything I've had on back-order like this has been honoured.  i said I wasn't buying again but, who can resist these while prices are rocketing?