10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Guys, what do I do with all these Chima Fire Bikes, I can't get rid of them and they just keep coming

I've given some to charity.

That's a great idea. Donate them to the Salvation Army or Toys for Tots. The smile it will put on a child's face this holiday season is worth a lot more than the couple of bucks you will make off of them IF anyone buys them. Plus that child may just grow up to be a future AFOL who will spend the big bucks later.

• Like 1

People already listing them as retired on ebay......pretty douchey if you ask me.

The same with GE and SC. I don't see it as a problem. The buyers themselves should be responsible for due diligence.

If one goes to a used car lot forking up 100k for a Ferrari just because it's a Ferrari without inspecting, that's the buyer's problem.

HH retired or not on eBay listings won't stop it from seeing $400 in October.

The same with GE and SC. I don't see it as a problem. The buyers themselves should be responsible for due diligence.

If one goes to a used car lot forking up 100k for a Ferrari just because it's a Ferrari without inspecting, that's the buyer's problem.

As a seller, you are obligated to give correct info. 

• Like 4

I agree that people should not list "Retired" on a set that is not retired.

However I called LEGO Shop at Home the other day and the person on the phone said "It is retired, we have no more and will not be getting any more, I'm sorry."

So I would think the users posting it as Retired on eBay may be on track based on information from a Lego employee.

Whether or not it is on the buyer, that doesn't change the fact that it is douchey for a seller to straight up lie. Period. I have seen so many sets listed ass "retired" that weren't anywhere near. I have seen Death Star listings that say retired.

Edited by mscheaf

I agree a seller should always give accurate information.  That being said if this seller is listing the Haunted House as retired, they are accurate because that is what LEGO Shop at Home told me on the phone earlier this week a day or two before the frenzy.

Well if a single Lego employee said it, we all know that makes it 100% fact. :)

I agree a seller should always give accurate information.  That being said if this seller is listing the Haunted House as retired, they are accurate because that is what S@H told me on the phone earlier this week a day or two before the frenzy.

There is more than one listed on ebay as retired and a few were listed that way before. So when did we start listening to employees again?

Well if a single Lego employee said it, we all know that makes it 100% fact. :)

Good one.  Please don't mistake me! :)

I was meaning to imply that based off of recent trends and that if I had a Lego LEGO Shop at Home person tell me what they said:

- It is retired

- We will not be getting any more

- We will not be shipping any more

- I'm sorry

Then I would be comfortable listing it as retired.

Now if I saw the rampant speculation that has been going on here and elsewhere, and thought it was retired but did not have an employee tell me that directly and was not released on the website or in print I would not be comfortable.

I agree with you though and not christopherjb, sellers have a responsibility to do their best portray everything accurately.

There is more than one listed on ebay as retired and a few were listed that way before. So when did we start listening to employees again?

See my post above.  I am not saying I trust everything Lego employees say 100%, not that naive.

Just saying that based on my notes above, I would be comfortable to list it as retired.

Those who listed it as retired weeks or months ago, and never were told what I was told are off base.

I am not saying the Lego employee is right I am just saying I would be fine to list it as retired based on my conversation.

See my post above.  I am not saying I trust everything Lego employees say 100%, not that naive.

Just saying that based on my notes above, I would be comfortable to list it as retired.

Those who listed it as retired weeks or months ago, and never were told what I was told are off base.

I am not saying the Lego employee is right I am just saying I would be fine to list it as retired based on my conversation.

I would list it as "sold out everywhere" or something like that. As we all know, it is not retired until it is retired. You would be giving nice "not as described" option to the buyer when you play with "retired" statement.

I would list it as "sold out everywhere" or something like that. As we all know, it is not retired until it is retired. You would be giving nice "not as described" option to the buyer when you play with "retired" statement.

Fair point, maybe by the time they file the SNAD complaint at 179 days we can have the Lego page will say retired. (joke)

• Like 1