10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Honestly, what is the purpose of this post?

Why do you keep throwing it in people's faces if they don't listen to you or question you ("For all you guys who thought there is no way Emazers has 60 haunted Houses.").

Not everyone have your bankroll, space, etc...

Personally, there are others like me who can challenge you in buying sets but we don't pound our chests publicly.

And we are still curious what happened to your stash of Epic Dragons...

• Like 1

Why do you keep throwing it in people's faces if they don't listen to you or question you ("For all you guys who thought there is no way Emazers has 60 haunted Houses.").

Not everyone have your expenses (lack of), bankroll, space, etc...

Personally, there are others like me who can challenge you in buying sets but we don't pound our chests publicly.

He posts this every time a big set retires. I think it's the same as his ssd post just changed the name of the set  :taunt:

Not everyone have your bankroll, space, etc...

I thought the same thing.

I like his plan of action about buying the big sets instead of piddling around with possible stock of $25 sets on sale, burning time, gas etc. and I do like the fact that he practices what he preaches.

A post in this context is just bragging and not cool. The same pics could be posted but with a different tone. The reality is, most peeps can't commit capital like you can emazers. What you do works well for you, but it doesn't work for everybody. Most of the pickers appreciate the info you share just those posts seem unnecessary. IMHO

With that said, I hope you make millions! B)

• Like 2

Not everyone have your expenses (lack of), bankroll, space, etc...

This is certainly no worse than when other members come on these forums to brag about how they swindled some unknowledgeable craigslister out of cafe corners and grand carousels for pennies, and then everyone on here congratulates them for a job well done. At least Emazers does it by the book and tells everyone else how they can as well, albeit to their own pocketbooks scale of course.

• Like 5

A post in this context is just bragging and not cool. The same pics could be posted but with a different tone. The reality is, most peeps can't commit capital like you can emazers.

In real life I have friends from college who have done far better than me financially in life.  I'm not jealous of their success and their possessions; they are good old friends and I'm happy for them.

Similarly I'm not jealous of the ability of people like emazers or LFT (from bricksetforum) to be able to purchase in quantities I can't imagine. I'm happy for their success as well.

Everybody likes to be appreciated by their peers. Where could emazers post these pictures if not right here? It isn't the kind of thing that many outside of a few small circles are going to appreciate. Heck, to some he might just look like a crazy old man hoarding toys, not a investor staking a position for future returns.

Edited by Spanky
  • Like 1

This is certainly no worse than when other members come on these forums to brag about how they swindled some unknowledgeable craigslister out of cafe corners and grand carousels for pennies, and then everyone on here congratulates them for a job well done. At least Emazers does it by the book and tells everyone else how they can as well, albeit to their own pocketbooks scale of course.

by what book??? I don't care what he posts or does but if you want to defend someone at least get your facts straight
  • Like 1

by what book??? I don't care what he posts or does but if you want to defend someone at least get your facts straight

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/by+the+book

by the book, according to the correct or established form; in the usual manner:

As in reproducible by anyone. But I am not a Linguist or English Scholar, I am a mathematician, so words fail me often.

Edited by junkrigger
  • Like 1

In real life I have friends from college who have done far better than me financially in life.  I'm not jealous of their success and their possessions; they are good old friends and I'm happy for them.

Similarly I'm not jealous of the ability of people like emazers or LFT (from bricksetforum) to be able to purchase in quantities I can't imagine. I'm happy for their success as well.

Everybody likes to be appreciated by their peers. Where could emazers post these pictures if not right here? It isn't the kind of thing that many outside of a few small circles are going to appreciate. Heck, to some he might just look like a crazy old man hoarding toys, not a investor staking a position for future returns.

uhm, stockroom pics thread perhaps?

by the book, according to the correct or established form; in the usual manner:

As in reproducible by anyone. But I am not a Linguist or English Scholar, I am a mathematician, so words fail me often.

I was being sarcastic... Go back and read his posts.

In other news HH was 300.01 FBA last night, 400$ by Christmas ?

I only see this as a problem if he is buying all of the Haunted House's that LEGO Shop at Home is listing which is probably impossible.

Although I have no desire to have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in Lego, I find it interesting seeing what other people have, whether it is one or a hundred.  Each person can only invest what they can afford and are comfortable with and this isn't a "mine is bigger than yours contest" except when comparing how big your parking lot is.

I hope this set comes back in so I can pick an extra one up to build.

In real life I have friends from college who have done far better than me financially in life. I'm not jealous of their success and their possessions; they are good old friends and I'm happy for them.

I give emazers props for what he does and I heed any advice that anybody on this forum shares. Like I said, I have no problem with the pics, I like seeing what people have, how they box/store them etc. it's all information that can be used in some manner, it's more of the "I told you so" tone comes across in the post I don't think forum members appreciate.
  • Like 1

You must be new here. Welcome to the site.
  • Like 5

While I don't agree with all of Ed's posts or methods, I for one appreciate any pictures that he posts and the help that he offers other members.  Ed offers his time and advice to many members behind the scenes.  I agree with him about purchasing these exclusives earlier than later.  Too many people put off buying important sets  like the HH, SSD, Fire Brigade, etc... to buy multiples of smaller sets that cost the same thing, but will take you 5-10 times as much work selling, packaging and sending them.  

I am not knocking small sets, because I own plenty, but investors and resellers should prioritize purchases to make sure they can take advantage of "special" sets like the HH.  I can understand how many feel that a post like this is bragging.  I like to look at it as a post that shows the sacrifices a person makes to obtain such a large amount of LEGO sets. 

• Like 4

While I don't agree with all of Ed's posts or methods, I for one appreciate any pictures that he posts and the help that he offers other members.  Ed offers his time and advice to many members behind the scenes.  I agree with him about purchasing these exclusives earlier than later.  Too many people put off buying important sets  like the HH, SSD, Fire Brigade, etc... to buy multiples of smaller sets that cost the same thing, but will take you 5-10 times as much work selling, packaging and sending them.  

I am not knocking small sets, because I own plenty, but investors and resellers should prioritize purchases to make sure they can take advantage of "special" sets like the HH.  I can understand how many feel that a post like this is bragging.  I like to look at it as a post that shows the sacrifices a person makes to obtain such a large amount of LEGO sets.

I bet he bought some of them with lego gift cards... same way as SSDs...

by the book, according to the correct or established form; in the usual manner:

I would never make such an statement about ANYONE without a proper "background check". Trust me, you can quickly figure out why I say it with little effort.

On the same note:

"Swindle: use deception to deprive (someone) of money or possessions". Referring to people from Craigslist. If they can't take 5 minutes to research the price of what they're selling then clearly the difference is not worth it to them. It's not like we go and tell them that their sets can be still bought in stores or anything of the sort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having said that, I also appreciate some of emazer's information and he generally gives good advice regarding exclusives and so on. I could do without the "I told you so" tone, however.

P.S. I do have my fair share of HH, and very glad I do!

While I don't agree with all of Ed's posts or methods, [...]

For a couple years now, I always thought that emazers and you (Ed Mack) were one and the same. I could swear reading a post by emazers in the TNB forum talking about a project his brother was building about LEGO investing. Then BrickPicker was born and I assumed you were emazers, after all you share the same name. Of course your writing style is completely different but I only learned that when I joined and started reading posts here more actively. I still wonder at what point there was a mixup in my logic, or if I just imagined things.  

For a couple years now, I always thought that emazers and you (Ed Mack) were one and the same. I could swear reading a post by emazers in the TNB forum talking about a project his brother was building about LEGO investing. Then BrickPicker was born and I assumed you were emazers, after all you share the same name. Of course your writing style is completely different but I only learned that when I joined and started reading posts here more actively. I still wonder at what point there was a mixup in my logic, or if I just imagined things.  

Ed understands puncuation.  

I'm one who doesn't think emazers is bragging or putting anyone down.  I like the fact that he isn't shy about advising people on what he thinks is a successful and less stress free way of speculating on LEGO (and other toys).  There's a lot of guys out there who wouldn't give up their trade secrets. He does. Is it a simplistic "hit them where they ain't" way of doing things?  Of course it is.....but it's (if you believe that he practices what he preaches) reassuring that he does it and is successful at it.  I've never got the sense that he's belittiling anyone who can't spend the cheddar that he can (I've seen posts where's he's specifcally told people NOT to buy on credit unless you can pay it off every month) and in fact has said repeatedly to buy what you can...be it one or a hundred.  I like hunting for bargains as much as the next guy....but he's convinced me that on speculatiing and holding for a few years.....the big sets are the way to go. 

• Like 2