10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

the profit timeline is as old as dirt.

Shorter time/Less profit.............................................................................................Longer time/More profit.

my tweak...

the profit timeline is as old as dirt.

Shorter time/Less profit.............................................................................................Longer time/More profit until it's refreshed.

Luckily, most don't see this set being refreshed for a while.

Yes, I agree. 

Before retirement, HH cost $180, while the VC was going for apporx $120-$130

Small price difference for a big size and pc difference.  

So now, lets hope the raise for the VC will be parallel to the HH.

Thing is, VC is more a playset, while HH is a spiffy display piece that's modular-like in its complexity.  I'd love to see the VC do well, but I think the two markets are quite different.

Thing is, VC is more a playset, while HH is a spiffy display piece that's modular-like in its complexity.  I'd love to see the VC do well, but I think the two markets are quite different.

well, the vc did have that vehicle.  the haunted house is also a playset ( like the vc) at least to my kid.  he would love to crack one open and build away. i just think he's too young for it at 5.  just wish it had a cousin it type of minifig :)

yeah, the hh is also a nice display set.

Cousin It, Scary Girl (Wednesday), and Uncle Fester would all be nice additions.  Chewbacca makes a nice enough It if you use the Scepter of QTip in combination with the Polish Remover of Nail to wipe out his ammo bandoliers.  No decent Fester comes to mind at the moment, but there must be a crazy bald guy minifigure somewhere.

Cousin It, Scary Girl (Wednesday), and Uncle Fester would all be nice additions.  Chewbacca makes a nice enough It if you use the Scepter of QTip in combination with the Polish Remover of Nail to wipe out his ammo bandoliers.  No decent Fester comes to mind at the moment, but there must be a crazy bald guy minifigure somewhere.

No decent Fester comes to mind at the moment,? 

How about Doc's head from the BTTF set and pretty much any dark colored torso and legs.

4231223931_6183ca0276.jpg

there is still a chance it's available in Oct either at shop@home or a TRU exclusive.  hope not the latter,

Every chance it reappears at LEGO Shop at Home briefly but I would not count on it. Sub $300 it is still a great investment to pick it up on the secondary market. This is the set a certain prince with more dollars than sense should have hoarded.