10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Hey Guys,

Fairly new to all this. In the UK and have been watching Haunted House on the Lego shop. Up until a few days ago the listing for HH said 'Temporarily Unavailable'. It came back in stock for like 2 days so I got one. Now it says 'Sold out'. Is this a sign of EOL or might it still come back?

Cheers

Andy

Glad I ordered another one rather than waiting for October promos.

I did the same as soon as it has been available again on LEGO Shop at Home.

I did not want to upset  guys [edit: european guys] waiting for double VIP points in october but it was obvious for me that the stock would not last until then.

Take on you glasses, and be ready to see it skyrocket.

sans-t21.jpg

Edited by biniou
  • Like 3

I would rather have a ge over the hh. That is for resale. The hh build is way better, but the hh is not part of an ongoing series and that is a big strike against it.

The Grand Carousel was not part of any series so it's supposed to be cheap. Oh wait...

The truth is that people recognise awesomeness, regardless of series.

Edited by inversion
  • Like 2

I would rather have a ge over the hh. That is for resale. The hh build is way better, but the hh is not part of an ongoing series and that is a big strike against it.

It seems that it was the last month to get the HH, so it was the priority. :)

I'll get some more GE next month.

(note: the "edited by..." is annoying, because my english is poor I change some words very often, and people can think "he's always changing his mind" but in fact I'm just trying to improve my sentences...)

The Grand Carousel was not part of any series so it's supposed to be cheap. Oh wait...

The truth is that people recognise awesomeness, regardless of series.

i agree that folks care about sets themselves instead of just associated theme. 

HH is part of the Creator Exclusives and Monster Fighters themes.

The vast majority of advanced sets in the 2000s weren't officially associated with themes.  Lego did move many sets under Creator theme as sub-themes.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Creator

Subthemes:

Modular Buildings

Designer

Exclusives

TECHNIC

post-3743-14107008924579_thumb.jpg

IMO HH will easily outperform GE. The reasons being HH was available to buy for 2 years vs 4.5 years for GE. Secondly GE is way more hoarded by resellers than HH (most were expecting HH to last at least 3 years if not longer). There are 301 HH on bricklink vs 1130 for GE. Thirdly HH has alot rarer pieces and colors and costs more to bricklink. Lastly at least in ******. America HH is going to be that one iconic set every household will want to display on Halloween. It will be as sought after as Grand Carousel, Taj Mahal, etc. There will always be another retail corner modular down the road. Another Haunted House? It is possible but highly unlikely a lego haunted house will ever be done again on this scale. 10228 IMO will be the only recent set to duplicate the returns we enjoyed during the golden age of lego collecting.

• Like 1