10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

How quickly will it hit $300 once EOL? 2 months? 4? It would surprised me if it`s gone, you`de think Lego would want to keep milking that cow. It`s one of Lego`s best sets hands downs. 

I honestly think this set will be at $500 in a few years. There is nothing else like it. There is no other "big set" on par for someone who wants to do something halloween themed.

I honestly think this set will be at $500 in a few years. There is nothing else like it. There is no other "big set" on par for someone who wants to do something halloween themed.

I concur. I had alot of fun building it and it just looks so good. The fact that it's standalone is also a big bonus.

Don't really understand why people almost always associate this set with "Halloween"  
Its a Haunted House.
Its Haunted all year long.  
Its Haunted on Valentines day, Forth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas & yes, even Halloween.

BTW, if you don't have one or want to get another one, buy it now,  forget the Camper, GE, SC,PS ect...

• Like 3

I give it two years. People will only realise by then what they have missed. This set did not have a strong presence like the modulars and UCS sets have, so for lots of people it may be still under the radar.

Let me save him the trouble. He's probably busy looking for some Quiznos boxes:

[emazers voice]. Emazers has been telling you guys to buy these I've been picking up 3 a week for the past year now have 39 ill keep buying to 50 now don't miss the boat on the ds, ge, sw droid, etc this may be your last chance to get these so order as many as you can afford now "don't be like the people who are kicking themselves for not buying ssds instead of all that clearance crap Ed [/emazers voice]

Too much punctuation and capitalization.

• Like 3

[emazers voice]. Emazers has been telling you guys to buy these I've been picking up 3 a week for the past year now have 39 ill keep buying to 50 now don't miss the boat on the ds, ge, sw droid, etc this may be your last chance to get these so order as many as you can afford now "don't be like the people who are kicking themselves for not buying ssds instead of all that clearance crap Ed [/emazers voice]

You left out the bit about crying and losing sleep

I think we are very close to seeing an Emazers post in this thread. This is one of his most highly regarded sets and it's very likely it's time is almost up.

"Im just trying to help you guys make a lot of money"
  • Like 1

It is not emazers without talk of living on wall street and tears for those who missed the boat (especially the one who did an excellent write up in the blog section regarding this set over a year ago).

Too much punctuation and capitalization.

"Im just trying to help you guys make a lot of money"

Emazers if you're reading this I'd just like to clarify that you're a stand up guy and we all respect you. There is no harm meant, it's just friendly banter. In fact no I lie it's jealous spiteful greed.

• Like 1

The lack of the closing " mark is just pure genius. Mos wins the thread.

Don't really understand why people almost always associate this set with "Halloween"  

Its a Haunted House.

Its Haunted all year long.  

Its Haunted on Valentines day, Forth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas & yes, even Halloween.

BTW, if you don't have one or want to get another one, buy it now,  forget the Camper, GE, SC,PS ect...

Seriously? Ghosts and vampires and witches are ghosts and vampires and witches all year long, and yet they're associated with Halloween, too. Santa Claus is Santa Claus all year long, and yet he's associated with Christmas. I'm not sure what you're confused by. 

Emazers if you're reading this I'd just like to clarify that you're a stand up guy and we all respect you. There is no harm meant, it's just friendly banter. In fact no I lie it's jealous spiteful greed.

I want to second that comment. The guy is old school cool and is a master at his craft. The fact that he visits here to impart knowledge when he does not have to deserves a huge kudos. I hope to see him on Wall St one day.

• Like 1

I want to second that comment. The guy is old school cool and is a master at his craft. The fact that he visits here to impart knowledge when he does not have to deserves a huge kudos. I hope to see him on Wall St one day.

I am preparing for Wall street (investment banking). If you see LEGO exclusive commodity futures then you will know who is responsible. 

And if LEGO attaches the prices of their sets to those securities like OPEC did with oil, then we are in for a funny ride :).