10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

They were in stock on Amazon for like 2 weeks earlier last month. I think people are panicing too much on this set. I would bet the 2 I have this is back next year.

I think the hardest part about being on these forums is knowing which POs exist for which sets at any given time for the retailer, yet not being able to discuss it with anyone.

Hi, i've been a lurker for a couple weeks but this is my first post.  What would be the best deal to get a single haunted house? I've been looking around and haven't seen any discounts, My local tru doesn't carry monster fighters.

welcome aboard.  happy 1st post.

i merged your thread into this existing one. You'll find lots of info and opinions :)

October?  you know thats Halloween .. this set might as well be OOS for that whole month!  maybe even longer ... if you want one, get one now!!!

Yes, this is good advice.  Buy now and don't worry about the $20 discount you might get from a freebie or promo that may never happen, especially if you only want one.

Here's some Lego algebra.  I have x quantity of this set (HH).  I could buy more, but space is limited and they take up precisely the same volume as GE (I have 2x of those).  So the question becomes, why would I add the $180 HH over the $150 GE, which is essentially the same piece count, from a series (modular buildings) with a proven track record (unlike Monster Fighters), and of course $30 less.  I'm thinking that my current roughly 1:2 HH:GE ratio is correct, but I'd be interested in others' opinions.

Here's some Lego algebra.  I have x quantity of this set (HH).  I could buy more, but space is limited and they take up precisely the same volume as GE (I have 2x of those).  So the question becomes, why would I add the $180 HH over the $150 GE, which is essentially the same piece count, from a series (modular buildings) with a proven track record (unlike Monster Fighters), and of course $30 less.  I'm thinking that my current roughly 1:2 HH:GE ratio is correct, but I'd be interested in others' opinions.

Diversity

• Like 1

I agree that buying GE right now is more important than buying HH due to obvious inventory shortage and perceived (probably true), imminent EOL. Having said that , there is no doubt that HH is gonna be huge once it is gone regardless of how the MF theme does.  It is a very unique building that IMO fits nicely with other modulars

You probably can't go wrong with either. Realistically though, while the HH may be a Monster Fighters set, it more closely resembles a modular and can be easily converted to one so I wouldn't use the series as a strike for or against either set in this case.

Currently I have the same ratio as you.  But I can make a case for the HH being the better investment.  Currently, if you feel that these two sets are on their last legs, then the HH would have been out about 2 years less.  The thinking would be that it would be produced in a smaller quantity which would make it more valuable in the long run.  Also, the HH is also more unique than the Grand Emporium.  Meaning that some people may want the GE but decide $300 is too much (or whatever the going rate is) and buy the Palace Cinema or (and?) Parisian Restaurant instead.  That option won

The lego shop website does not work right now, and spills error messages. One of them is

com.lego.servlet.pipeline.ZombieSessionTerminatorServlet.service(ZombieSessionTerminatorServlet.java:22)

<sarcasm>

Does this now mean that the Haunted House is soon EOL, maybe Aug 22nd?

</sarcasm>

The lego shop website does not work right now, and spills error messages. One of them is

com.lego.servlet.pipeline.ZombieSessionTerminatorServlet.service(ZombieSessionTerminatorServlet.java:22)
Does this now mean that the Haunted House is soon EOL, maybe Aug 22nd?

Chrome works for me... Firefox spits out a java bean error about item pricing. It's been like that for two days since the SSD retired. Kind of annoying.

Sent from Multi-Post iPod touch using Brickpicker

The Haunted House just needs an escalator and a lightning enhanced hair dryer and it would be complete.

Like said many times on this website, the set as a whole (house, minifigs, elements) remind me of my in-laws. Maybe that is I want to own "Oprah" amounts or this set. I think it is sure shot.

It one or those special sets people will remember long after retirement. It might even turn into an all-time iconic set.