10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

It's a minor point, but to make a really satisfying Joust display, you need two of the sets (Lego at one point released photos showing how you could combine two of them to make much more "solid" looking towers and such).  The HH, on the other hand, builds a complete model on its own.  I'm a big fan of the buildings that you can fold up to look good from all four sides (as opposed to always being open at the back).

I'd also say that, while Castle is "finished" for now, it's a perennial theme and will doubtless be back in a year or two.  So I could see the Joust sticking around as a sort of placeholder.  Monster Fighters feels much more like a one-of.

It's 'temporarily out of stock' at LEGO Shop at Home in Europe.

Don't know if it means anything

Also 'Monster Fighters' isn't listed in Themes anymore.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was listed in Themes a while back.

It's 'temporarily out of stock' at LEGO Shop at Home in Europe.

Don't know if it means anything

Also 'Monster Fighters' isn't listed in Themes anymore.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was listed in Themes a while back.

Correct, They removed the monster fighters theme. If you click on the breadcrumb, it will take you to the homepage. 

In addition to Amazon not having this, my local Lego store hasn't had it for a month. I guess we just need for Target to price it at $249 or something.

Spoke too soon. Back on amazon.com my friend. $179.99.

Don't have your hopes up high on this. Nice set but over produced. Think twice before loading up. With a similar price tag, target the AA on Walmart with $15 egift.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

:-)

I've only one....

I have 0 and will pick up 1 on my trip next weekend and I dont worry Im happy if it goes retiring this week!

I think this set is long enough in the spotlight that anyone who wanted a couple (or more) could've bought more (if budget allows) if budget does not allow it (like mine) there is nothing to worry :P

GE belongs to the GE thread. :) All I know about the HH is that it will not retire so soon. My TRU has monster fighters left right and center and nobody's buying. HH is a nice set, but for investing, I'd be careful.

Some very definitive statements by you about this set. Do you have some sort of inside info the rest of us aren't privy to regarding production levels & retirement? These are your opinions, NOT FACTS, so maybe don't state them as such. There are some pretty big time people on here who believe otherwise about this set. It has been available for under 2 years (Sept. 2012) - if 2 years from now it's still lingering (& it is possible) maybe these statements would be accurate. Bottom line, it's an exclusive, it's the first & maybe only haunted house Lego will ever produce & it's an awesome looking set & a great build, so let others formulate their own opinion. I for one, am investing FWIW.

• Like 8

Something occurred to me in catching up with this thread.

I'm speculating that the Monster Fighter line was a mixed success for LEGO, definitely not the big seller they might have hoped it could have been. But with the HH continuing well past the shelf life that MF is having maybe LEGO will consider a one-a-year big exclusive Halloween based set much like the one-a-year released Winter (Christmas) themed sets that seem to do well. If the HH production lingers into 2015 then maybe another Halloween exclusive will be released Sept. 2015 and a new one every Sept afterwards. This might be a better way for LEGO to tap into that pent up Halloween product demand without committing to a wide spread line of releases like the MF was.

Ultimately, hopefully, we can see things like a 'Haunted Graveyard', 'Abandoned Keep', 'Witch's Spooky House', 'Haunted House II' being put out year after year!

• Like 6

I'm speculating that the Monster Fighter line was a mixed success for LEGO, definitely not the big seller they might have hoped it could have been. But with the HH continuing well past the shelf life that MF is having maybe LEGO will consider a one-a-year big exclusive Halloween based set much like the one-a-year released Winter (Christmas) themed sets that seem to do well. If the HH production lingers into 2015 then maybe another Halloween exclusive will be released Sept. 2015 and a new one every Sept afterwards. This might be a better way for LEGO to tap into that pent up Halloween product demand without committing to a wide spread line of releases like the MF was.

Ultimately, hopefully, we can see things like a 'Haunted Graveyard', 'Abandoned Keep', 'Witch's Spooky House', 'Haunted House II' being put out year after year!

Always a possibility.  Halloween has become a big time holiday here in the US so an annual themed Halloween set would do very well IMO.

• Like 2

Not a bad idea, but no more HH's please we only need one of those. lol

GE belongs to the GE thread. :) All I know about the HH is that it will not retire so soon. My TRU has monster fighters left right and center and nobody's buying. HH is a nice set, but for investing, I'd be careful.

Halloween season is upon us ... those should be flying off the shelves soon!!

The theme hasn`t proved nearly as popular as many thought originally, I was never a big believer in it, but this one will do well once EOL because it is a stand-alone set in addition to being a themed one. It`ll be around at least until the end of the year if I were to guess. 

The theme hasn`t proved nearly as popular as many thought originally, I was never a big believer in it, but this one will do well once EOL because it is a stand-alone set in addition to being a themed one. It`ll be around at least until the end of the year if I were to guess.

Well, Lego never marketed it. All we had were a couple of YouTube / Lego website videos and 2 early reader books. Wish we really could have had a TV special or short series. Then maybe a second wave of sets could have been released. The set are actually pretty good and at least my kid likes them.

The Vamp Castle looked to be the theme's 2nd winner until the Toys R Us mess (carrying it above MSRP despite being retired). The castle along with the Mansion could have helped the other sets with secondary market demand.

Anyway, the Mansion will do quote well in the secondary market especially if it retires before 3 years.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 1