10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Amazon had a fire sale last year someone please remind me of the discounted price. I do remember many people received damaged boxes though. Keep in mind that was before the LEGO rule of no discounts on exclusives was put into effect. Also the haunted house is said to be sticking around as the only set from the MF line. It sells to well and is hands down the best set from the line. It will be around for a while to come.

The haunted house is a great set & promising as a long term investment. It would be best if you can have it at a discount. But if you can't find a good deal and you're willing to hold it for a long while, purchasing at MSRP may not be too bad. It's unclear whether it's near EOL. It may still stay for quite a while like most modulars.

Amazon had a fire sale last year someone please remind me of the discounted price. I do remember many people received damaged boxes though. Keep in mind that was before the LEGO rule of no discounts on exclusives was put into effect. Also the haunted house is said to be sticking around as the only set from the MF line. It sells to well and is hands down the best set from the line. It will be around for a while to come.

It was may 30th. I think I got one for 130? 140? Not exactly sure.

The haunted house is a great set & promising as a long term investment. It would be best if you can have it at a discount. But if you can't find a good deal and you're willing to hold it for a long while, purchasing at MSRP may not be too bad. It's unclear whether it's near EOL. It may still stay for quite a while like most modulars.

But its not a modular, is there any history of Lego keeping a theme alive with just one set hanging out by its lonesome?  I ask this as a newbie.

is there any history of Lego keeping a theme alive with just one set hanging out by its lonesome?  I ask this as a newbie.

Lego is still offering the Kingdoms Joust set which is from the retired Kingdoms theme. Sure, it is technically Castle related but the exact series it is from has been gone for a while now yet this set continues to linger on. It also is a Lego exclusive much like the Haunted House is.

Target had it for retail and a free $30 gift card over the holidays. Pretty nice deal.

Yup.... Good times.

These kind of promotions are the only "discounts" you will get on the HH..

You can keep your eye on Amazon WH, if you don't care too much about the box and want to build one. ( although there is a long list of members itching for that one.)

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I picked up 6 with the Target $30 GC in my mind it was buy 5 get one free. Plus an additional 5% off on the red card.

Have one up on eBay auction started at $99 will see where it ends up.

310848553342?

If so, you're about to have thousands of new watchers!