10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

This set is done. I have yet to see a set that will say "sold out" on the Lego site and then have it come back. That is what it says at least on the US site, perhaps not on other sites

Actually, the SSD itself was tagged "Sold Out" a month or two ago, then returned to "Temporarily Sold Out".

Yes, the one I originally paid a lot more $ to import from the UK, now handed out in stacks. :)

It's good for me because I just traded a Darth Revan for a TC-4. Now I can save some money during July... Yeah right :(

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Guest TabbyBoy

It happens. Architecture Studio, Catwoman Catcycle Chase, Batcave are just some examples of sets that have said Sold Out and come back. There are others that have also had the same thing happen. Until it says retired we can't be sure.

Architecture Studio is about to arrive in the UK for the first time at LEGO Shop at Home.

For anyone thinking about selling a SSD now under the current conditions I'll share this. I bought six sets in the last week before it was gone but could really only afford four. Two boxes were a bit dinged up so I decided to ebay them rather than return. Thought I could make $100 each or so. Someone hit the buy it now at $650. Ebay and pp fees were $85 which I expected but the killer was UPS insured from NC to Utah was $83! The set was $426 with tax from amazon so that only leaves $56 in profit. Really not worth the trouble. I'm going to move some smaller sets rather than sell the other one, these need to fetch at least $800 to make it worthwhile. 

I can see why it went up to 650 so fast. Any less than that and I would not have made anything. 

For anyone thinking about selling a SSD now under the current conditions I'll share this. I bought six sets in the last week before it was gone but could really only afford four. Two boxes were a bit dinged up so I decided to ebay them rather than return. Thought I could make $100 each or so. Someone hit the buy it now at $650. Ebay and pp fees were $85 which I expected but the killer was UPS insured from NC to Utah was $83! The set was $426 with tax from amazon so that only leaves $56 in profit. Really not worth the trouble. I'm going to move some smaller sets rather than sell the other one, these need to fetch at least $800 to make it worthwhile. 

I can see why it went up to 650 so fast. Any less than that and I would not have made anything. 

Doesn't the buyer pay for shipping though?

Did you get a quote from eBay shipping using Fedex Ground?

I do not. Is there a substantial discount for doing that? 

I have no idea... http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/shipping-basics/ebay-labels-faq/

See section  "Does paying postage and printing shipping labels on eBay save me money? "

I would say probably yes. But i am too confused.... In the sense, if I don't choose "using ebay labels" when setting up the listing, but then do buy shipping and print labels when sold, am I still having discount? I don't know...

Yes, you do get a discount for printing labels through Ebay.

For USPS, the amount of postage is immediately deducted form your paypal.

For FedEx, you are billed at a later date to your Ebay invoice.  Beware: this can be up to a month later and I have found that a minimum of 4 dollars per package gets added as a "miscellaneous fee."  This is long after your buyer has their lego set.

I have no idea... http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/shipping-basics/ebay-labels-faq/

See section  "Does paying postage and printing shipping labels on eBay save me money? "

I would say probably yes. But i am too confused.... In the sense, if I don't choose "using ebay labels" when setting up the listing, but then do buy shipping and print labels when sold, am I still having discount? I don't know...

I always print shipping labels through ebay, the discount can be as large as 30%, although most is around 10-15% depending on services.  I don't think you have to specify this when you setup the auction, but I always use free shipping so perhaps it's different if you charge for it.

Fed Ex would have saved you A TON on shipping. I shipped from Missouri to San Diego, 3 day, with insurance and signature with Fed Ex for $32 total. When I ran numbers through USPS and UPS, Fed Ex was the winner by a large margin.