10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

My two from amazon are arriving today, we'll check condition. I am concerned with the continued damage to amazon sets. How long before they tell me no more discounts or replacements? I am not sure what that policy is.

Mine showed up yesterday from amazon with dinged corners and tears on the box where tap had been torn off. Pretty disappointed, these were the first two I have gotten. For 400 a set we should expect a nice box. Amazon needs to figure out how to ship these or continue to take a high rate of returns. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd never have risked Amazon for something so expensive, I bought all my 4 from Lego LEGO Shop at Home with another 4 back-ordered.  Box condition is crtical in the UK so, I'd send them back in a heartbeat.  Buyers are soooooooooooo demanding here.

I'd never have risked Amazon for something so expensive, I bought all my 4 from Lego LEGO Shop at Home with another 4 back-ordered.  Box condition is crtical in the UK so, I'd send them back in a heartbeat.  Buyers are soooooooooooo demanding here.

So you are jumping on this ship?

I'm not sure how easy this would be, but it would be really helpful to edit a dated summary into the first post in each of these threads so that everyone can see what's going on without reading though 77 pages of muck. Something like:

CLIFFS AS OF 6/20:

Set has been in production since XX/XX.

General consensus is that the set is now on its last legs, so everyone is panic-buying.

Super-investors such as Ed Mack and emazers have advised X.

Tagged 'Sold Out' on LEGO Shop at Home since XX/XX

Periodically appearing on Walmart, Amazon and Target, but poofing within X hours.

Well this has the potential to suck:

Bought two SSD's before the last Poof on walmart.com

GIFTING NOTE:This item ships in the manufacturer's original packaging. If intended as a gift, the packaging may reveal the contents.

Sets are coming from California to the St Louis area.  I ordered two.  We shall what shape they arrive in.

6/20/14 3:44 AM Arrived at FedEx location BLOOMINGTON,CA   6/19/14 6:30 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Any notes from other walmart buyers on the willingness to discount/refund for damaged shipments (ala Amazon)?

Well this has the potential to suck:

Bought two SSD's before the last Poof on walmart.com

GIFTING NOTE:This item ships in the manufacturer's original packaging. If intended as a gift, the packaging may reveal the contents.

Sets are coming from California to the St Louis area. I ordered two. We shall what shape they arrive in.

6/20/14 3:44 AM Arrived at FedEx location BLOOMINGTON,CA 6/19/14 6:30 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Any notes from other walmart buyers on the willingness to discount/refund for damaged shipments (ala Amazon)?

I got $63 back on an order of 4, so unfortunately I wouldn't expect much lol. Previously I've gotten pairs in Lego cases before though, so you might get lucky.

I'm not sure how easy this would be, but it would be really helpful to edit a dated summary into the first post in each of these threads so that everyone can see what's going on without reading though 77 pages of muck. Something like:

CLIFFS AS OF 6/20:

Set has been in production since XX/XX.

General consensus is that the set is now on its last legs, so everyone is panic-buying.

Super-investors such as Ed Mack and emazers have advised X.

Tagged 'Sold Out' on LEGO Shop at Home since XX/XX

Periodically appearing on Walmart, Amazon and Target, but poofing within X hours.

This sounds like an "executive summary". I could imagine Jeff/Ed making it a premium feature. Emazers commentary for an extra fee.

This sounds like an "executive summary". I could imagine Jeff/Ed making it a premium feature. Emazers commentary for an extra fee.

Hmm, I should get links to his comments and sell them for $8 on eBay. If people can sell links to free pdf LEGO instructions on eBay, imagine the potential customers for his sage advice

• Like 2