10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

You may be right. I ordered some SSDs from WM back in the mid-May restock and they came in Lego cases that say "Production Date YYMM: 1304", so April 2013. The codes on these are 14R3 which would work out to the same date.

This would also mean that at least for WM, the current restocks as well as the ones from a month ago are all from a year-old batch, good sign?

We would know better once people who had their backorders filled at SAH report their codes, and what the codes will be on July 3rd shipments in Europe

All right, so they did have 2014 run... and it was not some "inventory relocation"

Correct you are. Besides having the 20R4 run SSD purchased from LEGO Shop at Home during double VIP prior to going on backorder has a code below the barcode 128596-4 and after the BO it is 128596-5. The item number and SKU are the same. So this at least means a new production run of boxes much harder to do then seals. If someone has an SSD from 2012 or earlier would be interesting to see what the box code was.

Eff me. So if we've cracked the code, there was a May 2014 production run? These SSDs that are popping up all over the place are precursors rather than...uh, postcursors, I guess?

I am surprised the codes were not a common knowledge around here.

It is bad that they have 19R4 _and_ 20R4. I assume there is no 21R4 at the moment, so there is hope

Correct you are. Besides having the 20R4 run SSD purchased from LEGO Shop at Home during double VIP prior to going on backorder has a code below the barcode 128596-4 and after the BO it is 128596-5. The item number and SKU are the same. So this at least means a new production run of boxes much harder to do then seals. If someone has an SSD from 2012 or earlier would be interesting to see what the box code was.

Seals have to be run-specific, otherwise they would not be able to address missing floor fiasco for one of the modulars

If they knew that they would ship more to usa, I would guess the status at SAH would be TOOS, not SO

Not true. Plenty of items go to sold out and then get restocked without TOOS ever appearing. Wait until it is gone from the catalogs and it gets the retiring soon label and then you can be confident it will be retired.

Not true. Plenty of items go to sold out and then get restocked without TOOS ever appearing. Wait until it is gone from the catalogs and it gets the retiring soon label and then you can be confident it will be retired.

Didn't we conclude that retiring soon is a clever trick to move stale merchandise? And some sets went to retired without having retiring soon?

Eff me. So if we've cracked the code, there was a May 2014 production run? These SSDs that are popping up all over the place are precursors rather than...uh, postcursors, I guess?

OOoommf.  Dragged my bee-hind to the closets and checked out the seals.

Three SSDs from SAH purchased between Oct 26 and Dec 1, 2013 have 14R3 seals.

Two SSDs backordered from SAH for a month after Apr 3, 2014 have 19R4 seals.

One SSD from Target Apr 24 have worn down seals... I can only make out 14R-something on one of them...

OOoommf. Dragged my bee-hind to the closets and checked out the seals.

Three SSDs from SAH purchased between Oct 26 and Dec 1, 2013 have 14R3 seals.

Two SSDs backordered from SAH for a month after Apr 3 have 19R4 seals.

One SSD from Target Apr 24 have worn down seals... I can only make out 14R-something.

wouldn't 19r4 designate the Ssd being produced in late April? so if you ordered it at the beginning of April then this theory would be wrong

Anyone know which other sets have S instead of R in the seals codes?

I checked a dozen or so sets from Cuusoo, Star Wars, Architecture, Batman all had "R" date codes. Anyone have a Marina Bay Sands that they can check? Perhaps "R" is for the regular line and "S" is for a special or limited line.