10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

A possible $500 profit is still good to me. Money is money

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Well you know how many I have so at some point you have to say "no" even if logically it makes sense.  The problem is that at $400 it tends to override my logic.  At this level I have to constantly remind myself to stick to the plan.   Unlike Emazers I cannot have a 100 of each, as storage becomes an issue.

$499 at target....hmm, it might be worth it. Seeing how the imperial shuttle performed, $199 retail, now an easy double or triple. Even at $499, a double to $1000 should be attainable based on the other UCS aside from the bwing.

10212 msrp was $239.99

I was trying to cut back. Then these friggin' SSD deals came up...along with quadruple eBay Bucks. Dammit.

I know I told my wife that I am pretty much done with allocations to LEGO for our portfolio barring a few high profile retirements and top offs.  the mass investing is about finshed, then some sweet deal or something else comes out and I am dragged back in.  No debt for me in this but I need to put resources elsewhere for other things.  Visiting my brother the other week and went to the LEGO discovery center and they had 9 Helms Deep, I bought six.  Barely fit them on the drive back.  I could not pass them up.  Same store had the Tie fighters, I decided to pass.  Not in line with my plan and decided that reason and logic had to shut it down.  Only outliers for my if GE does well is 10 more of each Town hall and Pet shop, 5 more of Orthanc later.

• Like 1

I know I told my wife that I am pretty much done with allocations to LEGO for our portfolio barring a few high profile retirements and top offs.  the mass investing is about finshed, then some sweet deal or something else comes out and I am dragged back in.  No debt for me in this but I need to put resources elsewhere for other things.  Visiting my brother the other week and went to the LEGO discovery center and they had 9 Helms Deep, I bought six.  Barely fit them on the drive back.  I could not pass them up.  Same store had the Tie fighters, I decided to pass.  Not in line with my plan and decided that reason and logic had to shut it down.  Only outliers for my if GE does well is 10 more of each Town hall and Pet shop, 5 more of Orthanc later.

Great sales and imminent EOL does seem to change LEGO investing plans.

I do find it mind boggling that the Canadians aren't buying this up.

Reality is $500 CDN dollars is bloody expensive for this set, and quite a bit more than $400 USD, especially when our respective currencies were more or less par for the majoriy of the SSD's production lifespan.

By comparison 10030 was $400 CDN ($300 USD), but at least back then the difference in exchange was closer to reality.

I got my 10030 during Lego's EOL clearance and thus paid $300 CDN (if I remember correctly).  Which makes $500 CDN even harder to swallow on the SSD.

Reality is $500 CDN dollars is bloody expensive for this set, and quite a bit more than $400 USD, especially when our respective currencies were more or less par for the majoriy of the SSD's production lifespan.

By comparison 10030 was $400 CDN ($300 USD), but at least back then the difference in exchange was closer to reality.

I got my 10030 during Lego's EOL clearance and thus paid $300 CDN (if I remember correctly). Which makes $500 CDN even harder to swallow on the SSD.

You know there's a high chance of the USD appreciating. Right now, $450USD=$500CAD. So it's only $50 more. When this thing goes to $1000 which it will, that $450USD would be nothing. If it takes three years to get to $1000, it will beat out an investment on google or apple shares.

what would you consider 7.5?  How many tears and wrinkles?

slightly worse than when receiving from Lego Shop at home. One crease cross the front, slightly dent on the top on one box if worth to mention. The other one is pretty normal?some wears on corner?. They didn't ask for pictures though. end up refund me $120.

slightly worse than when receiving from Lego Shop at home. One crease cross the front, slightly dent on the top on one box if worth to mention. The other one is pretty normal?some wears on corner?. They didn't ask for pictures though. end up refund me $120.

I hope mine come in creased, I'll take that $60 per set discount!

The codes on SSDs that I have (all from most likely older stock, though it is hard to tell)

14R3

41R2

I have a theory that the first two digits are the week in the year it was produced. As the highest number I've seen is 51. I've also seen other products have date stamps like that. not sure what the r3 and r2 mean but perhaps its a batch number or maybe even the year r3 being 2013 and r2 being 2012?

I have a theory that the first two digits are the week in the year it was produced. As the highest number I've seen is 51. I've also seen other products have date stamps like that. not sure what the r3 and r2 mean but perhaps its a batch number or maybe even the year r3 being 2013 and r2 being 2012?

My ecto does have 15R4 code , so you are probably right. Don't remember what we had on mars rovers - I think there was S instead R

You may be right. I ordered some SSDs from WM back in the mid-May restock and they came in Lego cases that say "Production Date YYMM: 1304", so April 2013. The codes on these are 14R3 which would work out to the same date.

This would also mean that at least for WM, the current restocks as well as the ones from a month ago are all from a year-old batch, good sign?