10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Would it be wise to buy five at $500CAD from TRU Canada? A friend of mine up in Toronto said he can still get it at retail. That's about $455USD?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Wise for what? To flip, maybe. To hold long term, maybe. To buy and build, maybe. There are  a few variables. No one really knows what a good buy in right now is. It's just as easy to say that $550 might be a good buy in right now.

I ordered 2 more Sunday morning when they popped back up on Amazon for retail price.  They're still in "not yet shipped" status.  Granted, the product page said that it wouldn't ship until June 22nd when I placed the order.  Anxiously waiting for it to say "shipping soon."

Would it be wise to buy five at $500CAD from TRU Canada? A friend of mine up in Toronto said he can still get it at retail. That's about $455USD?

If you can afford to spend $2250 and not get ANY of it back for an unforseen amount of time, yes very good idea.

if you need that $2250, no.

• Like 1

Import taxes raise that significantly, depending on how you plan to import them to the US (PM for further details).

My three arrived today, ordered them on Sunday from Smyths and they arrived safe and sound today.  Any UK buyers desperate for this set this is the place to guarantee one but alas no discounts though.  My Lego.com is still pending with no guarantees that it will be dispatched.

Two SSDs arrived from Amazon today. Shipped in one box, stacked horizontally, with minimal packing paper.

The box on top is minty fresh.

The box on bottom has a bent/torn flap on the side. Seals in tact. I would be a complete idiot for even considering a return, right? I'm OCD and a box snob but I like money. Keep it, right?

Two SSDs arrived from Amazon today. Shipped in one box, stacked horizontally, with minimal packing paper.

The box on bottom has a bent/torn flap on the side. Seals in tact. I would be a complete idiot for even considering a return, right? I'm OCD and a box snob but I like money. Keep it, right?

Take pictures and talk to amazon customer service via chat. They will probably give you a discount. That's what I plan on doing when mine arrive if they come like that. If you spend $800 on two toys then you should expect them to arrive in an acceptable condition. I would not return them though, even if they do not offer you a discount (but they probably will).

• Like 1

I'd definitely keep it and I'd also complain to Amazon about the damage so you get some more free money xD

Dudes! Get a room... in My Order Status thread.

Only pointless 10221 speculations are allowed in here !

Well the condition does play a part. If all the sets were arriving in poor condition, I would say that was the end of the extra stock of SSDs and many of these sets were returns. But it would appear that these boxes are in good condition, so it makes me think there will still be other waves of SSDs being released sporadically until it is completely gone. We had a bunch of sets sold a week ago. There were a few more released today. You never know when a few more will be released.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I studied marketing, advertising, and promotion. I'm I Dan Draper! Heck no. Prob more like Lou.

Anyway, it still makes no sense to "feature" a set in the US Summer catalog. 10221 will prob still be available until at least late fall / early winter in the US. Could it be be bait to sell out faster? Sure. Just strange.

Anyway remember if the B-Wing was in the last Fall and Holiday calendar?

• Like 1