10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Oh yeah. peeps love sales rank talk. It is in the top ten of most researched topics on the internet

Considering I sell several hundred units of an item with a nice SR (while sharing buy box) during the exmas rush, it is highly fascinitaing to know what to expect with certain SR#s. It helps with planning year round, and also helps to know how much of item were potentially bought by other "investors" in a given time.

No sign of EOL whatsoever in the UK IMHO.

There seems to be a disconnect between the US and UK/Europe with these SSDs and other large SW exclusives. It started with the difference in discounts for the May the 4th promotion and looks to be continuing now with the extra inventory in the UK and Europe. Maybe it's a lack of interest in these large exclusives on part on non-US customers.

There seems to be a disconnect between the US and UK/Europe with these SSDs and other large SW exclusives. It started with the difference in discounts for the May the 4th promotion and looks to be continuing now with the extra inventory in the UK and Europe. Maybe it's a lack of interest in these large exclusives on part on non-US customers.

So what do you thing about the CAGR in Europe after EOL? Does-it seems to you a good investment or it will be very difficult to sell it in the future

So what do you thing about the CAGR in Europe after EOL? Does-it seems to you a good investment or it will be very difficult to sell it in the future

It's all relative. I really don't think reselling is as widespread in the UK/Europe as it is here in the US and that is what seems to affect the market on a daily basis in the US. Everything happens a little more quickly in the US, with sets being bought and sold at a higher rate. It's not that non-US AFOLs, collectors and investors love LEGO bricks any less, it just they don't put such a priority on reselling LEGO sets as a whole IMO.

That being said, the SSD will sell well anywhere after EOL. People in non-US countries still love STAR WARS and will look to buy any and all STAR WARS sets when the movie comes out. It has already started and I look for it to continue.

It's all relative. I really don't think reselling is as widespread in the UK/Europe as it is here in the US and that is what seems to affect the market on a daily basis in the US.

I've tasted the metal of that knife and it ain't pretty. You can take those words to the bank.

Ok Ed. I'm not here for a long time, but i saw it's kind of difficult to make a flip in Europe, so for investment we have to wit EOL only. But with the price, the CAGR seems to climb up like USA (with some few difference).

And we have more time for buying some big set, because nobody have the "hurry up" syndrome :scare:.

Ok Ed. I'm not here for a long time, but i saw it's kind of difficult to make a flip in Europe, so for investment we have to wit EOL only. But with the price, the CAGR seems to climb up like USA (with some few difference).

And we have more time for buying some big set, because nobody have the "hurry up" syndrome :scare:.

Indeed things are much more difficult in Europe. Prices here are higher and offers/discounts are rarer and not as good. There is no such thing as 3X VIP points either.

Also the fact that many sets are offered at a lower price from US sellers makes selling here ever more difficult. For example, you sell a set worth 600$, which is great profit if you bought it for 400$ or anywhere near that price and want to make a quick flip. Here the equivalent price will be

Out of curiosity, what is the duty fee on a set like this If I purchase it from the states but I live in the uk?

eBay US gives you a total that the buyer HAS to pay in order to complete the purchase. This includes duty taxes and shipping charges. Go over there and check for any set you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Indeed things are much more difficult in Europe. Prices here are higher and offers/discounts are rarer and not as good. There is no such thing as 3X VIP points either.

Isn't "10% off on everything" + "5% in VIP points" (like on the European Brick Friday sale last year) essentially the same as "3x VIP points" (both being 15% off in the end)?

Isn't "10% off on everything" + "5% in VIP points" (like on the European Brick Friday sale last year) essentially the same as "3x VIP points" (both being 15% off in the end)?

Maybe, but we don't get awesome clearance deals, never ever.

Let me clarify. I never said that sets do not show similar growth in non-US countries after EOL. They do. Prices are different, but their CAGR growths are similar. My point was that reselling, due to discounts and cheaper sets, is more of an North American phenomenon IMO and the activity we have seen lately is centralized around American retailers. I don't live in the UK or Europe, but what from I hear on these forums, I just don't see the same sort of fervor when members discuss buying sets in non-US regions.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Maybe, but we don't get awesome clearance deals, never ever.