10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Argh I hesitated on the Myer sale and before I knew it they were sold out within 48 hours. Getting it at AU$549 just before it retires is an absolute steal, good work!

I mentioned the other day that the Canadian TRU has the SSD in stock for $499 and max order is five. Don't know what's going on up north. They still have the Bwing....

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Argh I hesitated on the Myer sale and before I knew it they were sold out within 48 hours. Getting it at AU$549 just before it retires is an absolute steal, good work! 

What i did was to talk to them early and get them to hold it for me. Turned out all the SSDs they got were on hold and none of them made it to the floor I think. Simpsons House and Sea Cow were gone in a heartbeat. They even discourage/refuse bulk buying for flagship or limited edition sets when the AFOL saleslady or the manager is running the floor. Unfortunately someone bought out all their whole BTTF shipment when they were not around. :( Its a pleasure buying Lego at Myer. They know their Lego :), unlike MrToys or DJs. They dont sound enthusiastic or they care.

well it is ranked number 142 in toys now so can you imagine how many they must have sold to rise so high in the rankings it must have been alot. It used to be that on sd a good deal did not last so long now even on bp a good deal hardly lasts.That tells that bp has grown and also probably some serious big time lego investors use this site to find deals and order in large quantities

well it is ranked number 142 in toys now so can you imagine how many they must have sold to rise so high in the rankings it must have been alot. It used to be that on sd a good deal did not last so long now even on bp a good deal hardly lasts.That tells that bp has grown and also probably some serious big time lego investors use this site to find deals and order in large quantities

I wonder if that ranking is number of items sold or dollars. If it's dollars then it would not take many for it to rise up in the rankings at $400 a pop in the toy category. Don't know but I would like to know how those rankings are determined.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

its items sold not dollars

Sales rank is actually a measure of the amount of time since the item last registered a sale. The rank rises every time it is sold, then slowly falls until another sale is made. The rank shot up from about 15k to150 because so many resellers bought out the remaining stock over a short period of time.

Items ranked 100 in Toys are typically selling 20-30 copies a day on AZ. As this lasted on a few hours at most, I suspect the total # of units sold was in the range of 10 or so.

• Like 2

Sales rank is actually a measure of the amount of time since the item last registered a sale. The rank rises every time it is sold, then slowly falls until another sale is made. The rank shot up from about 15k to150 because so many resellers bought out the remaining stock over a short period of time.

Items ranked 100 in Toys are typically selling 20-30 copies a day on AZ. As this lasted on a few hours at most, I suspect the total # of units sold was in the range of 10 or so.

Makes sense.

considering that just the amount of people on bp that said they bought it was well over 10 you are incorrect in your number plus I think it's reasonable to assume that only a small fraction of those that bought it posted. Also any time there is less then 20 of a item amazon says only x amount left and everybody that bought it didn't even see that so it was well more sold then you said.

Also if you buy  a item on amazon it doesn't shoot up to number 1 so your analysis can't be right .It probably is a a mixture of total units sold with a big weighing to recent sales however it definitely does not go to the top from just a few sales.and where did you get the number of 20-30 a day. I don't profess to know but considering amazon is probably one of the largest toy sellers in america I would have thought the number would be higher although I don't claim to know.

Well as a person that professionally sells on amazon I do know what I am taking about, and as a person who admittedly knows nothing about how sales rank works it sounds like you don't.

If you would like to test your theory, find something ranked 20k like SSD and buy 10 units over an hour. You will see the rank move just like this one did.

Amazon does not always list # remaining, it depends on what it is. They do all kinds of things and often change up. Sometimes they will reveal their inventory numbers and often they do not. Try putting 100 malibu mansions in your cart. They will say they only have 5, which is untrue they have thousands.

Check http://camelcamelcamel.com/LEGO-Star-Super-Destroyer-10221/product/B0050R0YB8?context=browse

The rank moved from 40k to 150 in very few sales. There are three big jumps in rank over one day. If they had intraday charts you would be able to tell exactly how many they sold, but to me it looks like even less than ten, given only three changes in rank shown.

Amazon ranking is not only based on volume or pricing. There's a time factor and amount of stock. A lego set that has over thousands, lets say a city set, sells 100 in an hour, will not get ranked higher than a SSD with 100 sold in an hour and only 100 in stock. I manage the sale of a number of book titles so the ranking has a lot of factors taken into account. The SSD would jump in ranking real fast because people may scoop up a crate of 10 in 5 minutes pushing its rankings up 1000-2000 spots in a matter of minutes. If you scoop up ten copies of the same book, the rank will also jump but not as much as the SSD, unless you only have 10 copies of that book.

• Like 1

Out of 33, 95% buyers are from this site.

The SSD activity is similar to the fire brigade as I recall. Everyone waited anxiously for it to retire and there was all kinds of speculations for months while the FB miraculously showed up here and there. Everyone waited for the new lego catalog, yet no confirmation. Then one day, they website just said retired without a "soon to retire" label. So it looks like SSD is just following the FB's pattern of disappearance.

Check http://camelcamelcamel.com/LEGO-Star-Super-Destroyer-10221/product/B0050R0YB8?context=browse

The rank moved from 40k to 150 in very few sales. There are three big jumps in rank over one day. If they had intraday charts you would be able to tell exactly how many they sold, but to me it looks like even less than ten, given only three changes in rank shown.

We know at least 33 were sold in that short period of time.

obviously you aren't infallible as there was 33 clicked through bp and presumably not every one bought was through bp.

SR of 100 sells much more than 20-30/day. How long was it available for?