10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

I'm confused. Is this just a temp restock or is this a sign that the set isn't dead? And how do you know Target & TRU will get it? 

Just guessing this is part of the same wave that WM put up earlier this week. If WM and AZ got them, I would guess the others will. All conjecture, of course but was expecting this after WM's late night restock.

It was far from a restock at walmart.....it was more like they found a few in the back somewhere. This set is retired for anyone wondering. All these popping in and out of stock is just random stock and not an indication that it's coming back in large quantities everywhere..

I don't think anybody said these were coming back in stock in large qty. Good to know they are retired, been waiting for someone to officially declare that.

In for two. Used the affiliate link. I'm not waiting for target this time. They will probably be $500 anyway if they get them, so the additional redcard discount is useless. Getting this set at retail at this point in the game is money in the bank.

I agree, I'm willing to pay $500 for this so when I saw it at $399, I didn't even twitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

It's not retired until it says so on lego shop at home.

True. You might see this activity again. 5 here...20 there...until they are gone. I'm not expecting mint boxes, but even a banged up box is valuable when an important set like this is on the verge of being retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I likely bought the last SSD in my city, 20% off too at AUD$549. The kind saleslady kept it at the back for me! This set just sells itself, even during non-sale periods here. On the shelf in the morning, gone by lunchtime. On a weekday. Even at $699, once the resell value appreciates to USD $800-900, you risk having to pay customs tax and import duty when the value + shipping exceeds AUD$1000. So its actual resell price jumps by an extra $200-300AUD that you can charge buyers when you sell locally in Australia. Its a whole different investment strategy. Once this $1000 threshold is reach, in my opinion, you can hardly source Lego locally above this price, easier to just import it and suck it up and pay the taxes. There's often a huge feeding frenzy when a >$AUD1000 lego MISB set goes on auction on ebay.

I agree with Ed about buying to hold strategy for flagship sets. I might buy another so I can open and build it. I'm concenred that lego may ship me another 10188 though. :(

PS: Dear Admins: need a :facepalm: smiley

I likely bought the last SSD in my city, 20% off too at AUD$549. The kind saleslady kept it at the back for me! This set just sells itself, even during non-sale periods here. On the shelf in the morning, gone by lunchtime. On a weekday. Even at $699, once the resell value appreciates to USD $800-900, you risk having to pay customs tax and import duty when the value + shipping exceeds AUD$1000. So its actual resell price jumps by an extra $200-300AUD that you can charge buyers when you sell locally in Australia. Its a whole different investment strategy. Once this $1000 threshold is reach, in my opinion, you can hardly source Lego locally above this price, easier to just import it and suck it up and pay the taxes. There's often a huge feeding frenzy when a >$AUD1000 lego MISB set goes on auction on ebay.

I agree with Ed about buying to hold strategy for flagship sets. I might buy another so I can open and build it. I'm concenred that lego may ship me another 10188 though. :(

PS: Dear Admins: need a :facepalm: smiley

Argh I hesitated on the Myer sale and before I knew it they were sold out within 48 hours. Getting it at AU$549 just before it retires is an absolute steal, good work!