10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

A box of grey bricks gets me more excited than the money.  What I really miss are auctions on eBay.  The thrill of winning one.  I bought so many old STAR WARS sets when I started at this, it was quite a rush.  Now in days, all I buy are new sets.  I occasionally find something on eBay, but many times I just use Buy It Now. 

Its a pain to keep watching and auctions are so much more crowded than they used to be.

So many times I would score stuff for 50% off retail or something of that nature.

Now its tough, but they are still out there. I have scored a couple of good deals. You just have to be vigilant.

• Like 1

i have an open box SSD with all bags sealed and accounted for.  should i open and build for my first time or keep as is and sell?   so torn now cause i'm drunk

In all honesty, if you want to build this set you should.  You'll still make money selling it used down the road if you don't want to keep it. 

• Like 1

This argument could be made against buying pretty much any set... why would anyone buy my overpriced retired set in a couple years when there will be other large exclusives available?  That's like saying no one is buying the UCS Falcon right now because they can go to the Lego Store to get a UCS X-Wing, they're both UCS but it's an apples to oranges comparison.   There are plenty of people today buying the UCS Falcon to complete their collections.  The Super Star Destroyer is a massive 4 foot long Lego model of an iconic original trilogy ship.   There's also a new movie coming out next year, so people will get Star Wars fever again. 

With the new movie and Lego becoming more popular, there will be plenty of people next year just discovering that the SSD is even a thing.

I agree with many of your comments.  Jeff just completed the update of the last two months and there was one thing that stood out...the STAR WARS theme.  The STAR WARS theme(CAGR) as a whole grew about 20% the last two months.  For such a large theme, having the theme CAGR go up almost 2% is quite impressive.  The UCS Falcon is back over $3000.  Many older sets are showing strong growth.  I have mentioned this many times in the past and there seems to be a renewed interest in the theme.  

Hold onto those old STAR WARS sets...even remakes.  Many are appreciating once again.  As for the SSD, this only makes my case stronger for this set.  Even buying an SSD now at $600 can reap some investors nice profits later IMO.  

• Like 1

i have an open box SSD with all bags sealed and accounted for.  should i open and build for my first time or keep as is and sell?   so torn now cause i'm drunk

Dude, I have to be drunk just to read some of the dribble that is posted here.  Funny thing is that I don't even drink.  :party:

I agree with many of your comments. Jeff just completed the update of the last two months and there was one thing that stood out...the STAR WARS theme. The STAR WARS theme(CAGR) as a whole grew about 20% the last two months. For such a large theme, having the theme CAGR go up almost 2% is quite impressive. The UCS Falcon is back over $3000. Many older sets are showing strong growth. I have mentioned this many times in the past and there seems to be a renewed interest in the theme.

Hold onto those old STAR WARS sets...even remakes. Many are appreciating once again. As for the SSD, this only makes my case stronger for this set. Even buying an SSD now at $600 can reap some investors nice profits later IMO.

I have to agree with that. And here I am dwelling on whether I should take one SSD brand new from my friend for $500. By Xmas, I'll be wearing a dunce cap if I don't buy now. I think right after Black Friday, SSD should see $700-800 as an avg price for buy it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Dude, I have to be drunk just to read some of the dribble that is posted here.  Funny thing is that I don't even drink.  :party:

Most of the time, your posts have nothing to do with LEGO investing.  I appreciate a joke or a sarcastic comment once in a while, but please tone it down. 

• Like 5

Whoever has 10221 empty boxes - it appears there is some demand there. At least on ebay there is a buyer willing to pay $20 + $29shipping for it. And on bricklink, there only one available in US

A good SSD box will sell for much more than that one day.  One only has to look at other UCS set boxes.  I have seen 10179/10030 boxes sell for $100.  

• Like 1

I just saw that what a ****. I literally just bought two at 380 and 400 with plans to flip on FBA for 750. There were three at 700 a little while ago and they sold quickly. I like 220 profit quick flips over long holds any day.... Looks like I have to hold now