10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Nope it's a legoland like I said. We do have a Lego store in the mall next to it but not the same.

Nope it's a legoland like I said. We do have a Lego store in the mall next to it but not the same.

It's Groundhog's Day all over again.

wow... my bad sorry.. stupid iphone.. it kept on saying error message not sent try again.. So I tried again.. and again.. my bad

Eh, it happens. You didn't break the record of 11 double posts.

Did you know they made a remake of it, with Tom Cruise?  Called "Edge of Tomorrow"

That's exactly what I thought after watching a couple trailers. It's Groundhog's Day but in.... THE FUTURE!!!!

Did you know they made a remake of it, with Tom Cruise?  Called "Edge of Tomorrow"

For anyone that hasn't seen this, please go- it is actually excellent. Amazing effects, good humor at times, well developed characters. Far from a mindless action movie or a standard Tom Cruise movie.

• Like 1

For anyone that hasn't seen this, please go- it is actually excellent. Amazing effects, good humor at times, well developed characters. Far from a mindless action movie or a standard Tom Cruise movie.

Completely agree - It's really entertaining and it has Emily Blunt. :)

• Like 1

Super Star Train? Is that anything like the....

the lego SSD is more like a gray version of the oscar mayer w/o wheels.

serious, it's a great set to own and will do well after retirement.  prob around 2.5 to 3x MSRP after 4 years.  i don't think it will exceed 10030's value due to the lack of MISB scarcity.   the higher retail price might help get it close.

oscar-mayer-wienermobile-interior-view-f

oscar-mayer-wienermobile-front-windshiel

the lego SSD is more like a gray version of the oscar mayer w/o wheels.

oscar-mayer-wienermobile-vintage-5.jpg

serious, it's a great set to own and will do well after retirement.  prob around 2.5 to 3x MSRP after 4 years.  i don't think it will exceed 10030's value due to the lack of MISB scarcity.   the higher retail price might help get it close.

Hopefully it will get close! :(

Hopefully it will get close! :(

You won't see gains like 10030 though. It increased about ~3.5 times its $300 MSRP over a span of 10 years. 4 years after its retirement, I would guess that it was closer to $800 than the $1.3k it goes for now. $800 is 1.6x more than its original MSRP, so if the SSD were to follow exactly the course that the 10030 took, it would be worth $1040. I just don't think it is a fair comparison. We are talking about times 12 years ago, where there where investors were virtually unheard of, and people only bought to build.

You won't see gains like 10030 though. It increased about ~3.5 times its $300 MSRP over a span of 10 years. 4 years after its retirement, I would guess that it was closer to $800 than the $1.3k it goes for now. $800 is 1.6x more than its original MSRP, so if the SSD were to follow exactly the course that the 10030 took, it would be worth $1040. I just don't think it is a fair comparison. We are talking about times 12 years ago, where there where investors were virtually unheard of, and people only bought to build.

You were also talking about a time when interest in LEGO sets was nowhere like it is now.  Not even close.  The 10030 was launched in 2002.  LEGO as a company was in bad shape at the time, just starting to come out of its financial hole.  The SSD will be $800 by XMAS if it retires now IMO.  I bought my first MISB 10030 in late 2007 for $300.  LEGO investing was in its infancy when the 10030 was retired. 

You were also talking about a time when interest in LEGO sets was nowhere like it is now. No even close. The 10030 was launched in 2002. LEGO as a company was in bad shape at the time, just starting to come out of its financial hole. The SSD will be $800 by XMAS if it retires now IMO.

The latest sales on eBay shows $620 shipped. $800 would be seen earlier than Xmas judging by what's going on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

The latest sales on eBay shows $620 shipped. $800 would be seen earlier than Xmas judging by what's going on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Yes, you are probably correct.  I was being conservative.  I don't want to get people too riled up...LOL

Way to late for that....people are far beyond riled up over a box of grey bricks. Money makes people silly.

A box of grey bricks gets me more excited than the money.  What I really miss are auctions on eBay.  The thrill of winning one.  I bought so many old STAR WARS sets when I started at this, it was quite a rush.  Now in days, all I buy are new sets.  I occasionally find something on eBay, but many times I just use Buy It Now. 

I believe that is what I paid but with tax came out to 330.  I am still holding out hope that at least one good star wars set is 50% off.  I still need the Jedi Defender.

I have a few, let me know if you want one still, I won't charge you the same I ask for on the eBay. Fellow Brickpickers get the VIP treatment.