10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Jeff has been working on a complete overhaul of the site away from Wordpress, which has not been a stable or efficient platform.  He is creating his own which will make the site faster and easier to navigate.  The Brick Classifieds are about ready to go to Beta and the Brickfolio is getting a major update.  The blogs/editor will be tweaked and the new Daily Deals feature will be coming soon.  There is also a feature called Brick Watcher coming and various other improvements.  We have stated this before, but it is worth repeating...when we are ready to launch a premium service, new eBay data can be included as well, such as shipping and auction data. 

How does Jeff have any time for his job and family/ personal life ? This is why you will never hear any question regarding timeline for new features from me. They will be ready when the time is right and the naggings and questions are not going to make them ready any faster. :)

Now back to your regular SSD speculations. It is still OOS at S @ H :)

Hi all,

Been reading this topic for a while and have been admiring the SSD from afar for the past couple of years. Was never in a huge rush to buy it because of a lack of space in the apartment as well as the high price here in Singapore - retail at close to USD 650. Was waiting for a 20% off sale but it's started to sell out at the major Lego retailers here as well so that prompted me to burst into action and scoop up the last one from one of the larger retailers here as well, luckily still with a 10% discount. It's my first lego purchase as an adult so I'm really looking forward to building it in the future when I move into a place big enough. Just wanted to say thanks to all on this site for keeping everybody informed. I guess if stock is disappearing off the shelves here in Singapore, it would probably be a similar story in Hong Kong as well and around the rest of Asia for anybody who's still keeping score.

• Like 1

What kind of "brainless" comment is that? Of course...LOL

I feel offended by that answer xD

I just don't want 2 huge grey turds sitting in my closet and wifey going "I told you so!" over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

If Lego are seriously retiring this set soon they should take a step back and rethink their strategy. We have here the largest set currently in production selling out within minutes anywhere in America. They could press the little sold out button a few times, bring it back, press the button and yet there will be people falling over themselves to buy as many as they can get their hands on. Unless contracts and restrictions are an issue they'd be nuts to retire this set now.

I feel offended by that answer xD

I just don't want 2 huge grey turds sitting in my closet and wifey going "I told you so!" over and over again.

Your resistance to buy this set is why I think it will be a big time set after EOL. Many people are blowing this set off for various reasons. Too expensive, too large, they think too many people will have one to resell, etc...

Whether or not this set retires now really doesn't matter in my opinion. If you have some patience and space to store it, the set will reach levels near or slightly above the 10030 in my opinion. In a way, the price filters out a large portion of resellers, so the lucky few who have a couple will benefit greatly in a year or two...especially with the new STAR WARS films coming out.

To me, this set is one of the best investments you can find anywhere. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

If Lego are seriously retiring this set soon they should take a step back and rethink their strategy. We have here the largest set currently in production selling out within minutes anywhere in America. They could press the little sold out button a few times, bring it back, press the button and yet there will be people falling over themselves to buy as many as they can get their hands on. Unless contracts and restrictions are an issue they'd be nuts to retire this set now.

This is not the largest set currently in production. Because of the way the Lego supply chain works is why we are seeing this behavior. This set is so close to retirement I can taste it!

Your resistance to buy this set is why I think it will be a big time set after EOL. Many people are blowing this set off for various reasons. Too expensive, too large, they think too many people will have one to resell, etc...

Whether or not this set retires now really doesn't matter in my opinion. If you have some patience and space to store it, the set will reach levels near or slightly above the 10030 in my opinion. In a way, the price filters out a large portion of resellers, so the lucky few who have a couple will benefit greatly in a year or two...especially with the new STAR WARS films coming out.

To me, this set is one of the best investments you can find anywhere. But that's just my opinion.

I don't have a resistance towards this set. My. Wallet is the one that's opposing me.

I'm a newbie granted but I really, really think this is a winner.  I bought two of them at LEGOLAND yesterday and when checking out a crowd of people from ages 7 - 40 were admiring it.  I had to tell a couple of punk teenagers to keep their mitts of my lego boxes.  Everyone is drawn to this set.  All these kids and teenagers who desperately want this set from mom and dad and are not going to get it because it is too damn expensive will make sure they own it when they have enough money to buy it down the road!

And nobody mentioned it on BP?? dudes!!

By "plenty of them" what do you mean - it was allowing to add more than 1 all night long?

At least a few hundred. Mine will be brainlessly sailing down the river for $100 profit early next week before the motherload arrives at our shores. If the fleet arrives early then my local store can ship them all back to the warehouse. Store pickup FTW.

I'm a newbie granted but I really, really think this is a winner. I bought two of them at LEGOLAND yesterday and when checking out a crowd of people from ages 7 - 40 were admiring it. I had to tell a couple of punk teenagers to keep their mitts of my lego boxes. Everyone is drawn to this set. All these kids and teenagers who desperately want this set from mom and dad and are not going to get it because it is too damn expensive will make sure they own it when they have enough money to buy it down the road!

Which Legoland? It was my understanding that California was sold out again after a couple people bought the few they had. If it's back, I need to take a run over there today.

At least a few hundred. Mine will be brainlessly sailing down the river for $100 profit early next week before the motherload arrives at our shores. If the fleet arrives early then my local store can ship them all back to the warehouse. Store pickup FTW.

I am not doubting, but just checking how it is done. How do you know about "few hundred"? did you order that many?

I assume Walmart does not show the stock levels via "cart edit", beyond maximum purchase limit. Or they did not have limit?

Or maybe there some private chat in secret club of "resellers"  you mentioned?