10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

If this set is indeed done within the next several weeks, you will see this set skyrocket. Basically, it will confirm that LEGO does indeed retire important sets and with the new STAR WARS movies coming out, there will be huge interest in this set. One has to wonder if investing $500-$700 right now for a MISB set is a wise decision. I would say yes, especially if the set hits $1500, which it is quite capable of doing.

There is upcoming july fill for Europe. If lego does plan another run, it is certainly not clear why it is oos, rather than toos

There is upcoming july fill for Europe. If lego does plan another run, it is certainly not clear why it is oos, rather than toos

Like I said, "if" it is retired.  If LEGO plays around like this for the next 6 months or more....Sold Out/In Stock/Call/etc..., all bets are off and people who want one might just wait for the set to come back into stock, even if it never will.  They might move onto other sets as well.

Yeah even back in the hay day of Lego investing I can't think of a set that doubled right after retirement. EOL fever doesn't lend itself to rational thinking sometimes :)

the mars rover is commonly selling on ebay for more than double msrp right now, even though it isn't officially retired.  i get your point but it seems there is a very recent example of this happening.  i'm not suggesting the same will happen with ssd.  

• Like 1

Lol this thread looks and feels like the tickers at the bottom of CNN/FoxNews/MSNBC screen. It either tracks every minute development on SSD or just repeat the same information over and over again ;)

Then do not click on it, or cancel your following of it.   Not everyone watches this stuff every minute and thus may benefit from information.

...and a brain as well.

I'd be careful with comments like that. I bought a SSD during the 2x points promotion, used the affiliate link (you're welcome). I was quite happy to flip it for $680 after 7 weeks, clearing over $100 after shipping/ins and fees - plus my $40 in VIP rewards, rewards points on my Visa, etc. When I bought it I was prepared to wait 2-3 years before selling it, but I also told myself I'd be happy to flip it if the opportunity came along. Which it did.

I don't have to come to this site, don't have to use the affiliate links if I use the site to find deals, and can leave any time. I realize that I'm a whole lot of nothing, but I do make an effort to support the site and to be told by one of the site owners that I am an idiot because my strategy is different than a long term investor's or someone who has more cash on hand is off-putting to say the least. Just sayin'. 

• Like 1