10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Now that it's Call to check product Availability do you think we are absolved from the recent purchase limit of 1?  I'll probably pass this round but I fall for peer pressure easily.

•  

If you missed it, it was actually "sold out" this morning. And if you call SAH CS, it is sold out at the moment

• Like 1

LOL I have only been on here a month but this thread cracks me up and at the same time drives me to questions everyone's sanity. A quick summary.....

It's here?

It's gone!

IS IT????

Nope..its back

It's here?

It's gone!

IS IT????

Nope..its back

It's here?

It's gone!

IS IT????

Nope..its back

It's here?

It's gone!

IS IT????

Nope..its back

LOL I have only been on here a month but this thread cracks me up and at the same time drives me to questions everyone's sanity. A quick summary.....

It's here?

It's gone!

IS IT????

Nope..its back

It's here?

It's gone!

IS IT????

Nope..its back

It's here?

It's gone!

IS IT????

Nope..its back

It's here?

It's gone!

IS IT????

Nope..its back

What's the alternative? Single post in year 2019 - "10221 is marked as retired at Lego SAH"? (well, maybe few more posts for each single country)

pretty boring...

Yes but Yoda also skipped out on all his credit card bills when he fled to Dagobah.  He didn't leave a forwarding address, just a dead hologram of Obi Wan with directions.

These are not the bill collectors you are looking for.

• Like 1

You would be amazed what goes through people's head when they are sitting trying to come up with any excuse to buy things they want. I never thought i'd spent the money on a SSD. I told myself that I had stopped smoking 10 months ago and therefore I deserved a reward despite spending money on LEGO on a weekly basis. If you buy one you can tell yourself you won't buy any mediocre LEGO sets for several months. If you follow through you are left with a SSD and all that free space that would otherwise be taken up from the average $20 - 30 LEGO you would have bought. It really depends on how much you want it. Go ask your bank manager for a $400 interest free loan for a year and pay him back $1.50 a day and you will still be in the money. You never know you may even put the remainder towards another SSD when the year is up.  :rofl: 

I think it may be on the brink of retirement, I just cant sink 400 into one set. Good luck to those who stocked up.

Even for people with the means to, $400 is a ton of cash to plunk down on a single set. If it isn't the process of gathering the money to pay that get you, the amount of space taken to store the thing for an unknown amount of time waiting in hopes of earning back enough money to cover all the inherent costs will. Just stick with what you are comfortable with through better or worse.

For you guys on the other side of the ocean it's indeed time to celebrate!  :dancing: Here in Europe it's still available here and there...

In fact, last weekend I saw a brand new box of 10221 in the Lego shop in London, only one though. But didn't see any R2-D2 which puzzled me a bit....

I hope 10221 OOS status on lego.com/uk soon gets changed to - sold out!