10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Dearth Vader was cremated! That would be a neat trick.

Not to mention he saw his error and became good in the end. His dead character was pictured with toad and obi. This is far far fetched

I don't disagree, but the amount of articles is significant.  If you think about money over story continuity, I can see why they would do it.  Perhaps a retro time warp, who knows.  I hope not too, but many things can be done with a pen.  Though I still remember Lucas stating that he was disappointed that he couldn't develop Darth Maul further, but that since he died the way he did, he saw no plausible option to bring him back.  To stay on focus, I guess I would say Darth Vader either way, the value of the SSD will go up!

I don't disagree, but the amount of articles is significant. If you think about money over story continuity, I can see why they would do it. Perhaps a retro time warp, who knows. I hope not too, but many things can be done with a pen. Though I still remember Lucas stating that he was disappointed that he couldn't develop Darth Maul further, but that since he died the way he did, he saw no plausible option to bring him back. To stay on focus, I guess I would say Darth Vader either way, the value of the SSD will go up!

Well, they did have access to cloning technology at the time. For all we know, they could have a stash of Vaders on Tatooin somewhere... We are your fathers...

I don't disagree, but the amount of articles is significant.  If you think about money over story continuity, I can see why they would do it.  Perhaps a retro time warp, who knows.  I hope not too, but many things can be done with a pen.  Though I still remember Lucas stating that he was disappointed that he couldn't develop Darth Maul further, but that since he died the way he did, he saw no plausible option to bring him back.  To stay on focus, I guess I would say Darth Vader either way, the value of the SSD will go up!

Didn't he write the story?  I would have thought with a little fore thought he could have come up with something. 

The writers of the Clones Wars brought him back.

Ergh, resurrections are just the worst. It's one of the reasons EU was nerfed, because the Emperor was cloned, other clones were made, blah blah blah *endless comic book plot format* Hell, I just learned of a comic from the EU where Darth Maul was resurrected/cloned/something to kill Darth Vader because he was not a "worthy apprentice" to the Emperor, which means it's not the first time Maul's been resurrected.

My hope is that Disney has guiding executives smart/wise enough to realize that crafting an incredible extension to Lucas' story is more profitable in the long run than going with proven formulas that generate cash (ex. more SSDs, bringing back an iconic character (Vader)), in terms of fanbase, etc.

Take this with a grain of salt, but my Lego Store manager, who was also an operations manager for years for Lego Land Discovery Centers (so he has been around the block a few times), said that Lego does divert product from underperforming markets to meet underestimated demand in other markets.  My inclination is to believe that this is what has happened with the SSD.  In other words, there is no new "batch" from a Lego factory, they just redistributed product in the market to meet the Lego SAH demand.  If they start popping up again at other online retailers, then this theory will be proven wrong.  Until then, this is my belief.

• Like 1

Take this with a grain of salt, but my Lego Store manager, who was also an operations manager for years for Lego Land Discovery Centers (so he has been around the block a few times), said that Lego does divert product from underperforming markets to meet underestimated demand in other markets.  My inclination is to believe that this is what has happened with the SSD.  In other words, there is no new "batch" from a Lego factory, they just redistributed product in the market to meet the Lego SAH demand.  If they start popping up again at other online retailers, then this theory will be proven wrong.  Until then, this is my belief.

Now that is an interesting one! It makes sense to me and to a lot of people I believe, lets just sit and wait to see if it is true for 10221.

Now that is an interesting one! It makes sense to me and to a lot of people I believe, lets just sit and wait to see if it is true for 10221.

Except it is not clear what those "markets" were, between which they made re-distribution. If it was from Europe to USA, then they effed it up big time, considering how they blew through Europe stock levels during May 4.

Where would these be diverted from? Europe needed them because they had the 15% off sale and North America needed them because everyone was feverishly hunting them down for fear of EOL. I guess Asia was just sitting on piles of these that they had no use for then?

Where would these be diverted from? Europe needed them because they had the 15% off sale and North America needed them because everyone was feverishly hunting them down for fear of EOL. I guess Asia was just sitting on piles of these that they had no use for then?

Maybe.  if so, prob markets in Asia were higher than US retail priced sets can't sell as well.  The prices are just too darn expensive for most to afford in those areas. 

Take this with a grain of salt but my garbage man says 10221 is still very much in production and TLG is producing them as fast as they can at the moment. He also says there is another SW set whose critical pieces are no longer being made (so to clarify you will need 2 grains of salt).

Take this with a grain of salt but my garbage man says 10221 is still very much in production and TLG is producing them as fast as they can at the moment. He also says there is another SW set whose critical pieces are no longer being made (so to clarify you will need 2 grains of salt).

My doctor said my blood preasure was too high that I needed to stop frequenting BP forums to cut down my salt intake.

• Like 1

I would like to think that my source is more credible than your garbage man.

And it may not apply to SSD, but I stand by what I said.  Lego has and will divert product from one market to another.