10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Hmm, someone just listed 10221 for 375 on ebay (+ nominal shipping)

That things been up for 30 min and no poof which really surprises me.  I would have bought it if I wasn't trying to buy more GE, R2D2, silver bullion.  Also most signs point to a reappearance at LEGO Shop at Home.

That things been up for 30 min and no poof which really surprises me. I would have bought it if I wasn't trying to buy more GE, R2D2, silver bullion. Also most signs point to a reappearance at LEGO Shop at Home.

There are no questions about it showing up on SAH. The question is, will other retailers restock as well, and how many will SAH have...

The above are all speculations of course. I like the certainty of the dates, very compelling.

You mean the 2014 - 2016 time frame isn't accurate enough for you? I say production has stopped on the SSD, but they have enough in the warehouses for the next 3 years. On a serious note...I'm OK with either outcome. If it's retired, I have enough to see a nice profit. If it does come back in stock, I'll have a chance to buy a couple of more. Regardless, it will retire one day.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 1

When LEGO Shop at Home sent me the 10188 Death Star instead of the SSD 10221, I decided to keep the DS and call Customer Service to inform them of their error and my intention of keeping the DS. The very nice CS rep told me its still planned for production till the end of the year, but CS reps aren't privy to production runs the next year (for 2015). He does not know if the decision has been done to retire the set by the end of the year or not, either way its due to be produced up to end of 2014, looking at how LEGO Shop at Home havent removed the SSD from their website, and they made the buy limit back up to 5, i think the rep is right.

When LEGO Shop at Home sent me the 10188 Death Star instead of the SSD 10221, I decided to keep the DS and call Customer Service to inform them of their error and my intention of keeping the DS. The very nice CS rep told me its still planned for production till the end of the year, but CS reps aren't privy to production runs the next year (for 2015). He does not know if the decision has been done to retire the set by the end of the year or not, either way its due to be produced up to end of 2014, looking at how LEGO Shop at Home havent removed the SSD from their website, and they made the buy limit back up to 5, i think the rep is right.

Where is that darned A-wing when you need 'em?  :shifty:

how do we know how long it will be produced...WE DONT

I think the speculation of this set retiring occurred because LEGO Shop at Home ******. America listed it as temporarily out of stock. They don't do this often. For a long time now there has been a contingent who prey on backordered sets to score free items. This was the reason 10221 was taken off the ******. America website and will not be available to add to bag until it is in stock again. It has been a cat and mouse game for many years. 

I think the speculation of this set retiring occurred because LEGO Shop at Home ******. America listed it as temporarily out of stock. They don't do this often. For a long time now there has been a contingent who prey on backordered sets to score free items. This was the reason 10221 was taken off the ******. America website and will not be available to add to bag until it is in stock again. It has been a cat and mouse game for many years. 

Considering how Lego SAH spells it out that promos don't apply to "backordered items", and how trivial it is to implement the check (as well as one per household check), and how cheap the promos for Lego to make, I suspect they are mostly enjoying surge in orders, backordered or not. 

Actually the set went to "out of stock" with no ability to add to bad the 2nd day of double VIP in March.  Then later when many of those same "out of stock" items were officially retired it flipped to "temporarily out of stock" with no ability to add to bag.  It has to come back to at least fill the back orders.  The key here is that they stopped the ability to create additional back orders.  If it was coming back ins quanitity why would they not allow one ot create a back order.  I am watching every day to see if it briefly flips into order-able status as I want 5 more.  If memory serves me right TRU upped their price to $550.00 a week or two before said event I mentioned previously.  I speculated that they were privy to the "retiring" or stock issue and decided to keep their inventory in stock (by raising prices) to cash in at the higher level, which they did.

I think the speculation of this set retiring occurred because S@H N. America listed it as temporarily out of stock. They don't do this often. For a long time now there has been a contingent who prey on backordered sets to score free items. This was the reason 10221 was taken off the N. America website and will not be available to add to bag until it is in stock again. It has been a cat and mouse game for many years. 

Well, that and the fact that they are sold out on all major retailer sites and that a new UCS set was released, with another one to follow soon.  To have 5 UCS sets out at one time is unheard of, so one or more will go soon I would think.  It is quite possible there is one more run of the SSD coming to stores in June, but one of these UCS sets will be retiring before the Slave 1 comes out.  You can take that to the bank(fingers crossed)...

Well, that and the fact that they are sold out on all major retailer sites and that a new UCS set was released, with another one to follow soon.  To have 5 UCS sets out at one time is unheard of, so one or more will go soon I would think.  It is quite possible there is one more run of the SSD coming to stores in June, but one of these UCS sets will be retiring before the Slave 1 comes out.  You can take that to the bank(fingers crossed)...

Maybe that's why they stopped calling them UCS...  LOL

Nevermind, they still do. I thought for some reason they retired UCS nomination

Every time I see that there is a possible UCS Slave 1 coming, I get overly excited.

Every time I see that there is a possible UCS Slave 1 coming, I get overly excited.

And when it turns out it is a Jar-Jar Binks UCS bust statue you go to weep in the corner abandoning all hope.

He might still buy one for own build - it will be part of his voodoo shrine, where he curses things

• Like 1